Bow choice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fred

Bow choice

Post by Fred »

How does the Equinox stand up against the 10 point Phantom for speed knock down power etc. I like the idea of being able to serve my own strings etc. and I really like the limb attachment 2 bolts straight through you don't have to worry about stripping threads out I wish some of the other manufactures would provide a harness like the stryker to change strings etc. I guess they don't want to get to user friendly and I want a bow that will shoot 2219's so I can get away from these carbon arrows. The other thing that kinda worries me is cranking that 225 lb. back with the cranking mechinism any experiences you've had would be appreciated Thanks
chessy

Post by chessy »

i have not shot a phantom but i have shot most makes of crossbows... i like the accuracy of the excalibur products..... that said ... every thing is great when it is working and everything is a piece of crap when broken lol
Rich

Post by Rich »

Biggest differance I see is paying $1400 more for the Ten Point. The Excal has to many good qualities to list. The Phantom is rated at 343 FPS and the Equinox at 350 FPS. The Equinox will handle a 2219 bolt with ease. Save yourself the money and get the Excal, you won't regret it.

Rich 350
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the excal is faster and lighter..

the 10pt is more compact since the limbs dont stick out as far(same for all compound style ones). But they weigh more also.

I like excals for service since if anything breaks, they fix it without asking WHY!!! Plus I can work on them with ease.

Both will shoot the same im sure, just depend son the shooter and setup. But like rich said.....

800 bucks total package for the excal while the 10pt is over 1999??? I know which I would get unless I was a billionare :lol: