Lumizone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dumbazz

Lumizone

Post by Dumbazz »

Can someone explain the idea of this scope to me??

I have one on my Phoenix. Am I suppose to adjust it, or only if I put it on another bow??

Thanks.
Normous

Post by Normous »

The scope will zoom in to you target and make targets larger through the eye piece. Also 10, 20 ,30 ,40 and 50 yard indicators are marked in the reticle. Bolt drop can be adjusted with the speed ring. Best of all the lumi has an illuminated reticle or crosshairs which help during low light conditions and if you don't adjust it soon don't expect dinner on the table, because your not going to hit anything.
Simple....right.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

OK best i can explain it is. The speed ring is calibraided in fps of your arrow. Take your main xhair and sight it in at 20 yds. as it says by est. the speed of your arrow. Then check it at 30 yds. with the triangle under xhairs, if its on check the next triangle at 40 yds. if they hitting on then your good. If not you adjust slower or higher on speed ring.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Ok, so i am good at 20 yards, but 2 " high at 30 with the 30 "pin".

Should I make an adjustment?

Shooting a Phoenix with 2216 and 100 grain Wasp Boss broadheads. FPS ring is set just at the beginning of "300".
fletch

Post by fletch »

If you are shooting 2" high at 300 then adjust the speed ring to 305 and shoot again if still high then adjust to 310 and shoot again until it hits centre. If you are shooting high your speed ring is low, if you are shooting low then the speed ring is set at too high of speed. Hope that helps you.
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

That does help, thanks.

One more question though. When I do that adjustment at 30 yards, will it change my POI at 20 yards??

Thanks.
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Ok, I am an idiot. My name serves me well!!!!

My scope is a varizone, not a lumizone. But I assume the fps adjustment is the same?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Same thing just without the lighted xhairs.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dumbazz,

Adjusting your speed ring has no effect on your 20 yard pin. Basic rules for 30-50 yard pins:

If hitting high- adjust speed ring higher.

If hitting low- adjust speed ring lower.

Rich
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

****Just make sure your yardage is exactly right, or you will go nuts trying to figure out why 30 is good and 40 is off and 50 is good or some sombination of this . . .

Use a rangefinder.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The only way to change the center of the crosshairs is with the adjusters under the aluminum caps, they do need to be set to zero at 20 yards first. Once that is done set the scope to a decent guess at speed then go to 30 yards,.. Once you are close at 30 with the zoom/speed ring go to 40 to fine tune it, or 50 if you are confident.
The farther back you are when you make adjustments to the speed ring the more accurate they will be. If your zeroed in at 20 and you are hitting good at 40 or 50, everything in between will be perfect.

Like Sumner says, use a rangefinder or other means of measurement, or all that work will be futile.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string