Its DRY out again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Its DRY out again

Post by crazyfarmer »

not sure about other states but Va hasnt had a rain in the past 2 weeks and add that to the 2 inches we have had in the past 3months and its a drought here. Its rumored that muzzleloader season will get closed if we dont get rain before then. We need a good 4-5inches just to wet the ground here.

Im wondering how this will effect the acorns and food for deer this winter and next spring :(

anyone else seeing dry conditions in their areas?
Dipperdoo

what?

Post by Dipperdoo »

Farmer-I live down the road in Gloucester. Extremely dry down here as well. Think we are 12" behind. Looks like hanging around water holes may be the ticket this year. Whats this about closing muzzleloader season?
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Extremely dry here in Georgia too. We have a outdoor watering ban in place . . .no warnings, just a quick $500 fine. It amazed me how many sprinkliers I saw running on my way to our tennis match Saturday a.m. May not have any water, but, the county will have a lot of $500 fines to collect.

No relief in sight.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Re: what?

Post by crazyfarmer »

Dipperdoo wrote:Farmer-I live down the road in Gloucester. Extremely dry down here as well. Think we are 12" behind. Looks like hanging around water holes may be the ticket this year. Whats this about closing muzzleloader season?
they always threaten to close it up here if its to dry since they fear the ML's sparking fires. Though I doubt it would ever happen LOL.

I know we are atleast 12-16 inches behind in rain total... the weather channel shows us in the MILD/Severe drought area :!:

As a farmer, I just want to get this year over with but its looking like we wont be able to plant wheat if it doesnt rain by Nov :(
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dipperdo,

Welcome to the forum, I am also from Gloucester. I live off of Providence Road in Hayes.

Rich
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Talk about dry!! My spring fed pond has just about dried up and the older gentleman that has lived next to our ranch his whole life says it has never been that low from what he remembers. Talk about dust!!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

It is very dry in Northern VA as well. The apple and berry crops have taken a beating, but the acorn crop has done fairly well. So you will probably see a few less deer around fence rows and tree lines and more in the woods. I'll be camping out near a few acorn trees on Saturday.

DuckHunt
DanO

Post by DanO »

It's the driest year in over 30 years in Southern Ontario. Water is definitely a good location to hunt.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.