Opening Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Opening Day

Post by OwnerITO »

Well, it was almost a disaster in every way lol. I never even slept the night before so I was up about 20 hours when I climbed into my tree stand. I got turned around going into my stand, so thank God it was a full moon because that is how I found my spot. I almost fell out of my tree stand about 20 times (and I forgot my harness). That would have been a quick end to the day. I never even seen a deer or even heard one. I believe that the deer are around water and there is no water in the immediate area that I am in. So, in full, about 30+ hours awake and no deer. I was absolutely exhausted in my whole body. I did still hunt the way out though and still seen nothing.
My original spot I was supposed to go to with my friend went kaput as he, at the time was still expecting his baby. (baby was born this morning at 0430 hours and was 8 1/2 lbs and very healthy and strong). Grats to him and his wife!!!!
Anyways, that has been my deer season so far. Hopefully I can do a night hunt tonight and then a full day hunt this Saturday. Hope the rest of you have at least seen deer.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That's hunting! :D

If you're gonna get in trees, tie yourself in ... please! We want you to be around when the deer are showing up! :wink:
Grizz