Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DoDFire

SLICK'M TRICK'M

Post by DoDFire »

Got me some of these bad boys today :twisted:

Sup'ns gonna DIE !!!!!!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

goodluck.. I have used them with great success.. im tyring the rage heads this season just to see how they work. But I have 2 slicks on my bolts just in case lol
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm not a brand-man when it comes to broadheads, but it's always good to see enthusiasm! Hope you have success!
Grizz
Furor

switched

Post by Furor »

I switched from montec g5 to slicks this year, I lost a deer last year with a 20 yard shot and a g5, so far so good, 2 deer down and still working on my antelope....
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

I shot the Slicks on 2 different arrows,, First shot was 3" low. I dialed that arrow in and from 20 to 40 yards it is dead on (you couldn't walk up and stick it more center) The other arrow shot 3" left of center the whole time,,I turned the insert and now I'm about 1.5" from center with that arrow I don't know if I am going to like them or not :?
Maybe I'm being to PICKY,,, I killed a deer this past monday 40-50 yard range with the 100grn. spitfire,, broke his front end down for a second till he got his legs back under him and the hole was huge, I just don't know if I trust a mechanical but I do know the spitfire flies just like my field points and I can stack the shot in a 3" dia. spot at 40 yards all day,,,, Any suggestions?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Stick with those spitfires if they be shooting that good for ya.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I would spin test the arrows you are using with the broadheads on ; you could have an insert that is not 100 % square . If they wobble at all you will have some trouble grouping.

Welcome to the forum