Damage to limbs?
22%
No damage what so ever.
78%

Total votes: 23

fletch

STUPID STUPID @#$%^&*:(

Post by fletch »

I cannot believe I did this.......F@%king DRYFIRED and split my limb. It was so stupid, I shot high and the first bolt skipped off the top of my target so of course I said well I will try aiming at a different bullseye and check. WHACK and no thud at the target, what the hell I missed the whole target looked at the table and there were still 2 bolts there. Thats when I screamed NO NO NO. I hope I can get a new limb this week. Actually does anybody know if both limbs should be replaced? Let me know ,please.
I am going to go cry now.
Thanks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

They usually replace both limbs! I have found out the lower poundage models tend not to damaged limbs, specially if using dacron string. I use the Flemish Fast Flyte on Phoenix and mag. tip limbs while shooting 3-D's. I use my Miss Vixen & dacron string fer hunting.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Fletch! :cry:

I understand from the testimony of more experienced crossbow shooters that there are but two types of horizontal archers:

Those who have dry-fired their crossbows.
Those who will dry-fire their crossbows.

Happily, I continue to number myself among the latter group, and it is my plan to maintain membership in that fortunate bunch as long as Mr. Murphy allows me to ... and then, as is inevitable, I will join you! :D

Notify Excalibur of your dilemna immediately. I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised at their response! Good luck!
Grizz
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Yep I dry fired my Exocet 175# a few weeks ago while target shooting. It happens. Fortunately the limbs are fine and the bow is still on the money.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I have dried fired my exocet 175# with a fast fight string. and had no damage. Hate to say it but been lucky a few times. I try to have a routine, cock, load, CHECK, aim. And ALWAYS inspect string mount at the limes.
That another story.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
chessy

Post by chessy »

i am not perfect.... but how does one dry fire there bow... i find it hard to beleve that you can dryfire it... when i shoot nothing gets in the way not kids or wife.. pure concentration ....
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hey Chessy that's what I thought.......but I was wondering why the first shot went high and to left. That was enough distraction while I was preparing to sight in on the next bullseye.
And someday you too might understand. :roll:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Once I did damage, the other multitude of times everything has been fine.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Have you ever DRYFIRED?

Nope.. not yet..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dryfire Dave calls me Dryfire Don, go figure! The only bow I haven't dryfired is my Vixen. I wonder when that will happen??
Some people just like stepping on rakes
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I put a sticky label and cover it with scotch tape in RED letters that reads: "BOLT ON?" I taped this right under the rope cocking groove by the safety lever. I see it as I draw the string back - immediately put on my safety and place the bolt. Helps for now. Wayne
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Not enough choices in the poll for me, lol. I've had 4 or 5 w/ one fatality. I now have a small piece of masking tape on inside of limb w/ ARROW DUMMY?? on it. I once launched a string off of my Emax, took 3 days to find in an enclosed shop, lol. Finally found it curled up like a snake on the back of a shelf 10 feet away.

My one fatality happened in Tx on a hog hunt. Was sitting in my ground blind, reading a paperback all set up for hogs. [so i thought] I got a nice 25 yd shot on about a 200-230 lber, took it, thought "Gee, this things loud in the blind". Couldn't see any reaction from the hog, was puzzled til I leaned down to grab an arrow and found all four still in detatched quiver.
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

LOL! Dryfire Dan!!!
Some people just like stepping on rakes