Isn't it amazing!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Isn't it amazing!!!

Post by OwnerITO »

Isn't it amazing how much compound bow hunters hate crossbow hunters??!! I think I could even use the word despise. WOW!! I was on the HuntingNet website and seen just how badly they really hate those of us that use crossbows. As far as I am concerned, you get kills with both a compound and crossbow at the same distances. Also, correct me if I am wrong but don't 99% of all bowhunters hunt in a treestand? If so then what is the difference anyways? Yeah, it could be compared to pulling up a rifle but how can you compare using a compound to traditional archery??? If you wanted to argue the point that is. When I used a compound I looked at it as a choice. There was me who used a compound and others that used a crossbow. That was it. Anyone else notice this revulsion to crossbow hunters besides me?
TYE

Post by TYE »

This is discussed everywhere, all the time....

I think those people are just morons.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Ive used a compound bow for years and taken plenty deer with that.. I tried the xbow a few years ago and picked that hobby up now. I like both, but I also like stringing my own bow and the xbow is much easier to work on. Most bowhunters hate gun hunters... every sport or hobby has someone that doesnt like it cause they are sit in their own beliefs. I just wish everyone would get along since while we are fighting over which bow to use, antihunters are fighting to do away with hunting all together :roll:

but to me, a bow is a bow.. both have a range of 0-50 yards roughly... 35 being my max with either.. both shoot a arrow/bolt with a razor head.. both use strings, both have limbs. One uses a release while the other has a trigger LOL. They are really 95% alike LOL
TYE

Post by TYE »

I agree with that completely.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Let'm blow smoke,,,,,,,,, I have shot with a Vert Bow since I was 5 now I'm 35, the folks that complain don't know my back ground so what they say wouldn't matter much anyways. My brother threw his nose up when I bought my Xbow,, I showed him what it was all about a few days ago,, Bet he will be change'n before long unless his pride gets in the way....

and by the way those Vertical Bow guys think they are far more superior than you anyways,, :roll: I wouldn't even argue with them!!

Ignorance is cured by Education,, There is No cure for Stupid!!
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Pride is just what the problem is!

It's the ol' "I'm better than you 'cause I do it this way, and my way is the real way." Or the hard way, or the original way, or the purer way ... or whatever, ad nauseum. Makes me want to hurl.

What it boils down to is this: These maroons think everyone should be just like them ... and if they think anyone can enjoy a perceived advantage that they choose not to exercise, then they want it to be illegal, or restricted, or regulated. Me, me, me ... it's disgusting.

I have no patience and no sympathy for those who wish to deny other hunters their right to do what the law allows them to do ... or who want to prevent others from lobbying to win that right. That just ain't American (or Canadian!).

May their tribe decrease! :evil:
Grizz
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

NOT AGAIN !!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Small minds with that bunch . I quit going their years ago . Most will remeber the flaming that went on from there some time back.
navaman

Post by navaman »

i'm happy to say that here in my new location the vertical bowhunters are pretty cool with me using a crossbow. i havn't met with any bad attitudes yet. the only person who voiced any objection at all was not about the crossbow itself, but the use of a scope. i'm blessed. too blessed to be stressed. :D
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I love to show up at the range with my crossbow broken down into a compound case.. Get all the head nods out of the way, a bit of small talk then slap it open.. Usually gets a bit quieter after that.. :D
Being a small town it is usually the same group of guys, so I throw them off and occasionally bring the compound..
I am fairly new to both forms of archery, and I found the compound far easier to get accurate with, it is not only easier but faster, flatter and quieter and lighter.
I have no preference of one over another, fortunately where I live the law doesn't differentiate between one form of archery or another, people just get their minds poisoned in forums without taking the time to actually try it first. Then of course there are companies like Stryker who blatantly advertise their bows are good for kills out to about a mile and a half.. :?
Just enjoy what you shoot, whatever it is.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I have found if you are able to explain to the guys how the bow shoots, distance wise they calm down some. One guy I hunt with thought I was crazy to buy mine when I did 6 years ago. I tiols him which he already knew, I have a young family with little spare time and I would never have enough time to practice with the compound or trad bow and I would never hunt game without being good enough for a fast humane kill. Last year his son took a beauty 8 point with......a xbow! Some guys will never change even guys with 85% letoff and a string lock so just shake it off be proud of you r decission.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That's it! Who needs their approval?

I'm not defined by my equipment choices.

Bows, whether vertically or horizontally aligned, handheld or stock-mounted, are tools ... that's all they are, and the same thing goes for guns of all sorts.

The debate about who's right can be compared to two builders arguing about what tool they prefer to use in driving nails, and one declaring that the other isn't really a nailer because he uses a more advanced or different tool.

Ridiculous?

Exactly. :roll:
Grizz
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I wonder how many of those "superior bow hunters" go after ducks with a single shot shotgun, or hunt wild boar with just a knife, or so on? Some folks are too far up on their high horse, and the thin air affects their brains.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
navaman

Post by navaman »

i agree with what ecoaster wrote. going by that true statement i'd say i moved into a pretty good part of texas. :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Thanks for being there for the rest of us, Bob! :wink:
Grizz