Anyone who hunts in a Algonquin park hunt camp, please PM me

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Anyone who hunts in a Algonquin park hunt camp, please PM me

Post by TYE »

I'm trying to figure if I can hunt bear or partridge on Sunday. But since moose doesn't open till Monday, my dad's saying we can't do any hunting till Monday... trying to figure out what the deal is with this..
TPM

Post by TPM »

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
TYE

Post by TYE »

If you were showing me the Sunday thing... I know we can hunt Sundays up there.. My dad just thinks I'll get in trouble for hunting bear and partridge on Sunday when Moose isn't open till Monday.
chessy

Post by chessy »

tye i hunt in the park leave saturday... i am in camp b5 ... the best way to find out is call the bancroft office and ask for tim everst he is the co that looks after that area... the park has very diffent rules so dont go by the book ... call 1800 667 1940 and asked to be transferd to bancroft let the mnr pay for the call :oops: good luck ... we got two bull tags
TYE

Post by TYE »

chessy wrote:tye i hunt in the park leave saturday... i am in camp b5 ... the best way to find out is call the bancroft office and ask for tim everst he is the co that looks after that area... the park has very diffent rules so dont go by the book ... call 1800 667 1940 and asked to be transferd to bancroft let the mnr pay for the call :oops: good luck ... we got two bull tags
Thanks man :)

I also leave on Saturday. I just didn't want to sit around on Sunday doing nothing... :lol:
Last edited by TYE on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Stupid automated phone thinger ma jiggers... :evil: lol
TYE

Post by TYE »

Okay Chessy...

I called and had to talk to a stupid computer, then I got transfered to the Bancroft office... then I spoke with some guy, he gave me the number for the park. So I called them.... Got some lady on the phone. She said as far as she can tell I would be allowed to hunt bear and partridge on this Sunday. BUT, she wanted me to double check with the C.O. so she said he wasn't available at the moment so she transfered me to his voice mail and I left him a message with my question and my # so I guess I'll find out from him when he calls back or leaves me a message.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I suppose I could spend part of Sunday re-sighting my rifle in with the new sights, if I can't hunt.
chessy

Post by chessy »

who is your camp captain he should have the rules with him and i did not know there was partridge in the park???? i know there is ruffed grouse but know partridge 8)
TYE

Post by TYE »

chessy wrote:who is your camp captain he should have the rules with him
It's my dad and I. I'm just trying to prove him wrong... :P
TYE

Post by TYE »

chessy wrote:who is your camp captain he should have the rules with him and i did not know there was partridge in the park???? i know there is ruffed grouse but know partridge 8)
Ruffed Grouse . . aka partridge.

We call them partridge.
chessy

Post by chessy »

just talked to my camp captain .....his dad used to head the bruton and clyde hunting asso.... he says there is no problem hunting on sunday.... and inbetween the deer and moose you can hunt bears as well... you can as soon as the park opens witch is 4 days before.. ie park opened today at noon and doesnt close till 4 days after the deer season .... but again wait for the call....but im sure you can start rubbing it into your dad ... what camp are you guys in
TYE

Post by TYE »

chessy wrote:just talked to my camp captain .....his dad used to head the bruton and clyde hunting asso.... he says there is no problem hunting on sunday.... and inbetween the deer and moose you can hunt bears as well... you can as soon as the park opens witch is 4 days before.. ie park opened today at noon and doesnt close till 4 days after the deer season .... but again wait for the call....but im sure you can start rubbing it into your dad ... what camp are you guys in
Okay I got a call back from the C.O. when I was in the shower... my sister relayed the message. He said I can hunt "ruffed grouse" (partridge) and black bear on Saturday and Sunday. Just no moose till Monday (of course).

So since I'm such a stubborn fart, atleast I have something to do Saturday night and all of Sunday, other than sit around and chop wood. :lol: :lol: