Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
wabi

Post by wabi »

Rangefinder mount.
wabi
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I've used the range finder miunt (seen above) for my digital video camera. Although Excal recommends you not do that do to shock and vobration. I've fired three shots with it on so far.

F
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Wow! Did anyone visit that site.....archery talk?

The guy gets pounced upon for posting a "graphic" video on youtube! There seem to be a whole lot of folks paranoid about the anti hunting crowd.

For what it's worth, my attitude is that we need to show some grit. It we hunters start acting timid we will convince the fence sitters that we KNOW we are doing something wrong. It's the fence sitters that count, not the anti hunting bunch, anyway. The Antis have already made up their mind.

By the way, I thing Groundpounder's mount will work very well as a base for mounting a camera.

EDIT:::

What a hair trigger moderator they have at Archery Talk! The discussion was still on a civil level, but once a newbie posted, the thread was locked.
Last edited by Hi5 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Yup, show grit, but temper it with good taste & discretion.

Sadly, often good things are subject to being used for wrong purposes.

I wouldn't want to hand ammo to the enemy. It's a fine line. Personally, I'd post the video for a limited time only then disable it - seems to be a good balance. Another option is to tell people to PM for the link to the vid for a limited time.

I try to keep in mind that to the general uninitiated public I represent all hunters. Most people don't know better. If one makes a poor impression it affects us all.

It's not fair, but that's the way the world works.

I try to gently & clearly educate people around me - in my situation most of the time it's women. I've found that if I speak kindly and positively they usually end up saying that it's not something they would do themselves, but they are happy that I'm able to enjoy it. Can't ask for more than that.

If they seem interested, I offer to take them along to the range to try out guns or bow on targets. You'd be surprised at how many women who are against killing, are interested in target shooting! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That was awesome video footage! He did a good thing and he did it right, too bad it was shut down.
Goes to show that fear has no boundries.

That "guy" is also a member here :D .
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
MADMAX2

Mounted Camera

Post by MADMAX2 »

Great job on the mounted camera,but I have seen a new camera out that is mounted on to a head band like a flashlight.I think thats what I will get :D
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

Hi5 wrote:Wow! Did anyone visit that site.....archery talk?
The guy gets pounced upon for posting a "graphic" video on youtube! There seem to be a whole lot of folks paranoid about the anti hunting crowd.
I was that guy, and yes I took a beating for it! LOL!! I thought I was doing a good thing and it was well received over here and on HNI. They must have different demographics then me since they have a different felling with Peta then me and others. I read there post and then got off track myself and then it just went down hill after that. I tried to end it civil and come to common ground, but it did not happen and the thread was locked. Some people are just different then me and that is ok.

But here is the link I posted about it on here and the pics of the mount and the YouTube link. It works great so far and is doing fine with some practice in back yard and one successful hunt. I can not guarantee a camera being ok with this. When I bought mine I picked up the four year extended warranty and the guy at best buy said I can run over it with car and they will give me a new one. So I have four years to find out if camera will hold up, but so far seems ok. If a guy was to try this I would make sure you have a warranty. Here is the link I posted on this site last week, enjoy!

Jason

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=19494
ger34

Post by ger34 »

try this...under $100..I have no idea of the quality of the video though

http://item.express.ebay.com/Cameras-Ph ... xpressItem

Keep us posted...I have been looking for the same type of thing

Ger
ranger

Post by ranger »

see jason(hotburn) your getting known all over the CB forums for making a vidio mount and posting a nice vidio of a good clean kill.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
knobby

Post by knobby »

Hi5 wrote:Wow! Did anyone visit that site.....archery talk?

For what it's worth, my attitude is that we need to show some grit. It we hunters start acting timid we will convince the fence sitters that we KNOW we are doing something wrong. It's the fence sitters that count, not the anti hunting bunch, anyway. The Antis have already made up their mind.

By the way, I thing Groundpounder's mount will work very well as a base for mounting a camera.

EDIT:::

What a hair trigger moderator they have at Archery Talk! The discussion was still on a civil level, but once a newbie posted, the thread was locked.

now if he had only posted what a HUGE GAPING WOUND he made with his new Slick Trick....the ST cult over there would've put him on a pedestal and all would have been great. The more graphic the wound pictures are the better. They love to see inside pics...outside pics....blood trail pics...by oh my dont show a few seconds of a deer dying...

you wanna see a hair trigger....post a negative comment about a Slick Trick. It doesn't matter if it is a legit complaint or just an honest constructive criticism...and dont you dare question why your post was removed or it is banned for you. lol

of course I think half the mods are dealers...so go figure lol

no I have not been banned....I tend to keep my mouth shut...I have just seen it alot over the years.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Well, it's been closed again.

I can't see anything wrong about expressing opinion vigorously, and that was about as far as it got. The moderator could have called anyone out of order who was going beyond that.

That's the first time that I visited that site. It seemed to show promise, but turned out to be like going to a banquet and finding out that the menu would only consist of oatmeal porridge...with no milk or sugar, and cold at that.

Of course we need to be concerned about what other people think of our sport, but it's the fence sitters not the PETA and Greenpeace folks we need to worry about. If we act guilty, as though we are a bunch of shoplifters, we will draw unfavourable attention. The fence sitters will conclude we must be guilty if we act that way.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
knobby

Post by knobby »

there are LOTS of posts like this over there

http://75.126.80.18/vb/showthread.php?t=572532

but almost nary a word said about about it

:roll: [/url]