18%
Ground (natural blind)
15%
Ground (tent blind)
21%

Total votes: 33

rattler1

Post by rattler1 »

If I can't climb or use a hang on then I resort to my Double Bull Titan 2. I have trouble with mature bucks in the Double Bull though.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

I also need the E. I use tree stands and ground blinds.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Whatever the terrain/situation allows. Treestand or planting my keister on the ground. Or still hunting.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
bbbwb

Tree or ground stand

Post by bbbwb »

I have used the natural ground stand for the most part. This is an easy means of shifting as the deer do so as well. However, ground stands offer less opportunity to help verify the finish --- the bolt is quite often nowhere to be found. Did I hit it? Did I hit it in the lungs, or paunch? These questions are more readily answered from a tree stand shooting as the bolt is in the ground and another chapter to the story is told. I agree that the treestand offers the best observation point as to what is going on.
The tree stand requires the suitable tree and some time to get totally set up. Ground stands can be very simply created using the natural cover along with a set of prunig snips.
As can be seen, there are benefits to both and it probably comes down to a personal preference keeping in mind what is most suitable for the location being hunted.

Good luck to all regardless of what you use.

bbbwb
franklarabie

Post by franklarabie »

wow thanks for all the replies Ill keep trying the treestand and if i seem to not be to successful ill try ground next year but it seems most people hunt from the trees theirs got to be a reason for that.
Exocet200
Fast Flight string
Vari-zone scope
100gr wasps
-------------------
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

All of the above. I have a climber, a hang-on with climbing sticks and three two-person fixed stands to choose from. I've killed deer out of every one of them.

As much as like stand hunting, nothing beats being right down on the ground with the game. Now that I think of it, the largest bucks I have taken with a rifle (8pt), compound bow (7pt) and now crossbow (9pt) have all been from the ground. The greatest feeling to me in archery hunting is to see a deer at a distance and to stalk into bow range undetected and make a kill. Every time is unforgettable.

DuckHunt
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I sometimes use a treestand, I have a few around the property I hunt, a couple hang on and a couple ladder stands, I use them when I feel the time is right but I prefer hunting from the ground that way I can relocate wherever I want in a jiffy, I don't have to worry about trying to hang a stand if the deer change there travelling patterns. I have had many, many up close and personal moments with deer 10 yards and under from the ground and you can't beat it, had one come withing 4 feet one time.