wild night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kinger

wild night

Post by kinger »

Got out into the stand at about 3:20 pm or so... pretty windy but wind goin in my favour... didnt see anything until about 6 when i spotted a deer on the far side of the field. looked thru the scope and seemed to be a decent sized deer. so we got our stalk on... thinking the deer went into the corn field we walked accross the middle of the grain field... got 3/4 away crossed and looked up there it was not 80 yards away.. it hadnt seen us tho... so we crouched and made it to the long grass. Couldnt see the deer so we crawled on all fours around the edge of the long grass till we seen the deer. Still eating away, I got my doe bleat out and gave one with no interest. I gave another one and it perked right up.. us thinking it was just a good size doe. Gave it another and it came running.. Good sized body buck but only 3 points ?? look deformed. Anyway he came into 35 yards and looked straight on not presenting a shot, Then he turned and as i tried to move the bow into position it hit a twig and cracked, he then stared straight on again no shot. stared for about wat felt 10 min .. he turned once more but walking, so i say hey .. instead of it stopping he jumped and went out to 40 yards. This being the first deer ive had in the sights of the xbow i was a little excited and messed up.. dont know how but must have used the wrong spot on the vari zone and shot under him, he just jumped up and went to 50 i loaded up and decided that it was too far and just watched him. He had no idea wat we were and wind going right in his face didnt smell us.. good to know scent killer works. lol no deer but exciting night :)
TYE

Post by TYE »

Jesse, I'm gonna have to give this a huge NO COMMENT.
kinger

Post by kinger »

lol you shoulda been there tye it was intense
BUCKSHOT

Humm

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Good response Tye!
TYE wrote:Jesse, I'm gonna have to give this a huge NO COMMENT.
It's always exciting to have an opportunity.
Good fortune next time out.
Enjoy the Harvest!
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm really biting my tongue on this one... :lol:
BUCKSHOT

Humm

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Let it all out Tye, Wha'ssss up?
Enjoy the Harvest!
TYE

Re: Humm

Post by TYE »

BUCKSHOT wrote:Let it all out Tye, Wha'ssss up?
Ahh nothin' I was just laughing my butt off when I first found out about this lol.
kinger

Post by kinger »

lol come on now tye if you would quit being a sally you could have had the chance to show me how it was done ;)
TYE

Post by TYE »

kinger wrote:lol come on now tye if you would quit being a sally you could have had the chance to show me how it was done ;)
Sally?
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

TYE wrote:
kinger wrote:lol come on now tye if you would quit being a sally you could have had the chance to show me how it was done ;)
Sally?
Sally (AKA GirlieBoy) :wink:
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Hmm... this is getting interesting, do tell Tye, do tell, inquiring minds want to know :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
TYE

Post by TYE »

ComfyBear wrote:
TYE wrote:
Sally?
Sally (AKA GirlieBoy) :wink:
Hey Comfy! I was beginning to think you fell off the edge of the planet... How's it going?!