Remington 870 Slug Barrel

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Cabela's has stopped shipping over the border, you can chalk that up to terrorism.
Best to try to find what you need in Canada, even if you do find a supplier willing to ship it over the border, customs has been known to hold on to firearm related things for painful lengths of time.

*edit* Try shotgunworld.com for details, they have a section dedicated to slug shooters, good guys with lots of info.
Last edited by Pydpiper on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
JRS

Post by JRS »

DropTine wrote:Are you sure JRS?

I have there recent catalogue and it explains shipping to Canada and nothing is said about restrictions on shipping gun related things.
I am positive. You can shop in person and bring it back, but they won't ship to Canada. I once tried to order a range finder from them, and they wouldn't even ship that, it's classed by them as a restricted item. In the pre 9/11 days they would, but not since then.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Yea, you were right, i called and they were pretty pissed off that I even said something like that.......LOL, My bad!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
ger34

Post by ger34 »

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/

built my current 870 out of deals there

Good luck!!
Country

Fast twist barrels

Post by Country »

I'd look into getting one of the new fast twist barrels for your 870. They will shoot the Platinum tip and Partition Gold which have tremendous muzzle velocity (200 yd groups). You can't shoot them out of the standard twist factory or Hasting barrels. You can but your shots will be all over the paper. Lv2hnt has the email address for the company that sells them. They come with a cantelevered scope mount.