the excalibur navabow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

navaman

the excalibur navabow

Post by navaman »

these are some modifications i've done to my little vixen. my step-son jokingly calls it the navabow. :D
Imagethe sight picture is awesome compared to the factory peeps. i did have to drill the opening on the aperature bigger to put the large ring inside the circle. the string suppresors i made in the shop with some hand tools and a dremel. (you'll notice they're not placed exzactly the same). in low light the violet light works well.ImageImage
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Nice bow, Navaman!

I like the light weight and compactness of open sights ... though my 42 year old bifocal eyes like a scope better! :D
Grizz
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Here you have the pictures.
navaman

Post by navaman »

thank you skarek ! i'll keep on trying and not give up just like bob said. this tech stuff is sometimes too much for me. i'm better with things like , a 7 1/4 blade spinning at 4400 rpm or a air powered piston driving 3" nails into wood. :oops:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The pin sight looks good very bright . What did you use for the string suppressor ? It looks like some sort of limb saver to me .
navaman

Post by navaman »

Farmer wrote:The pin sight looks good very bright . What did you use for the string suppressor ? It looks like some sort of limb saver to me .
i used 3/16" flat steel and yes, those are limbsavers. i'm going to make another set with the bolt holes centered exzactly. these ones are slightly off but they work good. i think having every hollow cavity filled with great stuff helps also. as far as the peeps go all i can say "WOW !! " what a big sight picture that works extremely well at the distances we shoot. trophy ridge use to make an "alpha cross" peep and pin sight for crossbows but discontinued them. i just sort of copied their design. all the sights for vertical bows were way too big but i found that hoyt sight that's on the bow and it's as sweet as honey. glad you like it.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool tricked out Vixen !!
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like the sight idea.