Center Serving?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Bstout,

I use a single layer of .036 Bownell Bowstrings Crossbow Serving material when I do mine. I also use the directions in the link below that Don (Boo, DNK) was kind enough to publish on Huntingnet. The single layer holds up well for me.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx ... 25&mpage=1

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
navaman

Post by navaman »

i can't say either but i do know that my vixen wore one of danny's strings for a looooooooooooooooong time and held up extremely well.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
gad

Post by gad »

I am also using a single layer of the brownell crossbow serving material. Holds up very well.
May be he used a layer over another to make it have a bigger contact area on the trigger claws? (less stress over the trigger ?)
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A while back I remember someone saying they were getting good results out of using a thinner serving then doing it twice, one serving in each direction. I also remember there being a reason for it, and at the time it made sense, but unfortunately I forget it..Halo had that effect on me.
But yes, it has been known to happen, and those who do it know why, but I did not think Danny used that technique.
If I recall it was Sumner who originally told me about it (it was a thread).
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've reserved a few of Danny's FFF strings [grey and black] there was only one layer of serving. However, his instructions to me were to start at right side, 1/4" in and go to right, then reverse and go right to left, which would give one about 1/4" of doubled serving on the one side. Hope this helps, Bob.
"Eze 18:21"
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Thanks for the link! I have a few that need a new serving.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!