Climbing stand recommendation?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Post by Normous »

Yes, the footrest is a great option if you are taller.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
rattler1

Post by rattler1 »

I've bought and sold alot of climbers (5major brands) and the Lonewolf sit and climb is by far my favorite.
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

I had an API , . I am 300 lbs. 5'11" , was a bit snug but with seat tightened to level with side it is ok . Only prob. was weight . Weighs 27 lbs.. Can't climb now so using ground blinds. Hope after back surgery I can climb again . But I think I am going to try the Summit brand because of lighter weight . Also API was quiet and can adjust up to a 22" diameter tree.
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have a Summit Viper - haven't used it much this year yet (waiting for an injury to heal), but it's extremely comfortable to sit in. I'm not cool with heights, but I have to say that I felt pretty secure once I got it figured out. I'm not thrilled about hauling it but I can manage - I'm sure guys would find it easier! Before I bought it I spoke to several people and did a pile of reading and no one had anything bad to say about the Summits.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.