Ohio 40 Pointer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Ohio 40 Pointer

Post by TYE »

This 9 year old boy shot this 40 pointer in Ohio. 220 gross score.

He probably can't even spell WHITETAIL yet, some people have all the luck in the world I swear!

DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Couldn't agree with you anymore TYE! Thats a beautiful buck, love the chocolate horns!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
wabi

Post by wabi »

Yep,
Just a typical example of our Ohio bucks, Tye. :lol:
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. ...... :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Sorry to disappoint the Buckeye fans, but that deer was killed in Oklahoma. Funny how story get twisted as they make their way around the internet. Here's the link:
http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/ind ... r/2007/11/

Rich
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

He migrated south for the winter...

Too small for an Ohio buck.. ;)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

9, how young can one be to hunt legaly??? PA i'm sure you can't go out hunting till your 12....i see kids on hunting shows that are 5 out hunting that can't even hold the gun up after the shot...................bob

awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'm sure minimum age varies from state to state. i'm also of the opinion this wasn't the first year this kid hunted to get a beaut like he did, even w/ a rifle. Someone put some time in w/ this young man!
"Eze 18:21"
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That's a nice deer, and a neat non-typical rack ... from Oklahoma, no less. Don't hear of many big deer from Oklahoma.

Believe it or not, I'm not jealous. Better for a boy like him to kill that deer than me, far as I'm concerned. He'll never ever forget that ... it'll make one cool childhood memory.

As far as hunting age, in my opinion, the age a kid should go hunting is the age when his parents determine he's ready. States should not intrude on parental oversight in such matters ... fortunately, in most of the south there is no "minumum age" ... we can take our kids hunting when we want to.

I don't think it's any big trick for a boy like that to kill a big deer, either. For one thing, sometimes it is just luck ... and for another, it isn't hard to teach children to shoot. In the 1980's, I was given a Jaycee's Top 40 state award for developing and instituting a shooting training program (sponsored by Daisy) for youth under the age of 12. Of all the people I've instructed in shooting, those kids were some of the best ... they didn't already "know it all" ... and many of them became very proficient shots.

In this day of high-tech video games, shooting a rifle accurately isn't all that big a challenge to a kid. And many kids make good students of hunting, too ... I know lots of 9 and 10 year olds who have killed lots of deer with their dad's supervision. It's not that uncommon in the south, anyway.
Grizz