Excalibur marketing Dude

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bendback

Excalibur marketing Dude

Post by bendback »

I'd like to say Thanks to The Dude for getting me on this forum.
I emailed him last night out of desperation - & - walla! - I'm on 1st thing this morning! :D
thanks again Dude -
Now. with yall's permission, I'd love to pick your brains - haven't bought the crossbow yet & don't know what poundage I could use with 2 busted up shoulder sockets. so, please excuse all the dumb questions I'll be sending your way??
TYE

Post by TYE »

I second that!
TYE

Post by TYE »

P.S. if they can put up with ME, they can put up with you, or anyone... :lol: :lol:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome! :D
Grizz
bendback

Post by bendback »

I really appreciate the welcome, Gents. Been reading this forum for a couple of months & think I might have a go at the crossbow.
There is an awfull lot of smarts on this forum. Thanks for letting me in the group!
<--<<
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome!!!!!!
I would suggest trying to find some place that sells crossbows and trying them to see how much your shoulder will let you handle. I have bone spurs in my left shoulder that sometimes gets very painful with a vert bow, but cocking the crossbow doesn't bother me. I use a rope cocking aid which cuts effort by 50% and it also keeps the string perfectly centered (very important for accuracy). I still stick with a Phoenix (175#) because it is easier to cock and that translates into more target practice without getting tired, and it's plenty of bow for hunting whitetail deer.
I don't know how bad your shoulders are, but one of the lighter draw weight bows (Vixen or Phoenix) would probably be the way to go.
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

TYE wrote:P.S. if they can put up with ME, they can put up with you, or anyone... :lol: :lol:
Too funny Tye!!!
Welcome to the crowd bendback.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know how bad your injury is, but if it something that gets worse over time, lighter is better. I am 6'5" and 260 and I shoot a Vixen. It is easy to cock now, but as I get older and my back and neck get worse, it may not always be so. I plan on having this bow a long time and I want to be able to enjoy it as long as possible. Let us know what you pick!
Fred

Cocking your bow

Post by Fred »

I had the same concerns in my situation my first bow was a 150 Parker couldn't use the rope cocker so I got the crank no problem then I got an Excaliber 225 equinox with the crank and it cranks easier than the 150 I think mostly because you don't get to the heavy part till the very end the only bad thing I can see with an Excaliber is they don't have an automatic safety you must remember to put it on after cocking that aside I wouldn't trade one Excaliber for six Parkers day in and day out I think I probably just got a dud Parker but I sure didn't get a dud Excaliber. The hand crank takes longer to get a second shot off but so does the rope device niether one is the handiest set up in the world but once you get a sequence in place and a little practice they are great my last word of caution would be when you are slinging and unslinging try not to smack yourself upside the head or put your eye out crossbows ain't the easiest critter to get around in the brush let alone the shop door
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Don`t know how bad your shoulders are but there is options like as said before the cocking aid knocks the cocking effort in half.The crankaroo makes it easier to stop at any point, for it ratchets just like the boat winches.The phoenix or vixen will harvest a deer just handlely.If you want a little more speed then there is the exocet or vortex.What ever you choose the service from excalibur is second to none. :)