Gorilla Climbing sticks....Anyone using them?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LondonDave

Gorilla Climbing sticks....Anyone using them?

Post by LondonDave »

I was at Gander Mountain in Flint, MI on Friday and picked up 4 Gorilla climbing sticks for $12.99 each and a River's Edge Big Foot XL hang-on stand for $59.99. I tried out one of the climbing sticks on the tree on my front lawn and the attachment seems a little shakey with just one strap. It seems that once you get tension on the strap and the bottom feet are seated it's okay but when there is no pressure it seems a little wobbly.

Is anyone using these? Have you added a second strap or just using them as is. Any tricks to getting them hung properly?

Thanks,

Dave
JRS

Post by JRS »

I use the Gorilla sticks as is. Once you get your weight on them they become much more stable. You got a good price on them. I paid a lot more for mine at Bass Pro in Toronto.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I'm going to stop in at Princess Auto sometime this week and see if I can pick up some extra straps and bring them with me. If I don't need them I won't use them or I might just throw them on to be sure.

The price at Gander Mountain is definitely a good one, especially with the exchange rate. Canadian tire sells a set of 3 for $60 plus tax.

Dave
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

deleted
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I buy my climbing sticks from dicks sporting goods.!6 footers for $29.00 on sale.
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

Are these similar to the Lone Wolf sticks? I have a set of Gorilla sticks which were discontinued after a couple of years (patent issue with Lone Wolf I believe) and they work great. Since I couldn't get them anymore I paid the big bucks and got the Lone Wolf ones as well. I use them with just the one strap and I've never had an issue with them. I usually use 4 or 5 to get to the height I want. TC