Scope cap sizes for Lumi-Zone?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Scope cap sizes for Lumi-Zone?

Post by Pydpiper »

I am going to order some blizzard caps for my scope I just need to know what size the front and rear of the scope are from those of you who have them.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
fletch

Post by fletch »

I need this info also so if someone has them already please reply. I want the popup eyepiece cover like I had on my Varizone.
Stash

Post by Stash »

I'll check Monday afternoon at the store and post next chance I get.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thanks!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

I have a set of the Excalibur ones and they work pretty good. Not sure what size they are though.
I come by my name honestly.
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Butler Creek flip up style are #4 for the front and back .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Big John

caps

Post by Big John »

For those of you who wish these flip up caps for Lumizone, they are available from BJ (forum member) now.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Silverovertime

Post by Silverovertime »

Just ordered a set of the blizzard caps for xcal scope and the caps were specified as to which scope they were for on the site. Being new to this forum I am not sure how this will look. Got an exocet 200 about a month ago and am having a ball with it. Got alot of great information from this site prior to my purchase and it was so very helpful. Thanks to all. Jim
Time to put another log on the fire!
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
Fred

Scope caps

Post by Fred »

I got a set from Dan Miller when I bought my bow and they don't want to stay shut and when you finally get them shut they don't want to open they just kind of snap together there isn't any latch they weren't that expensive but they leave something to be desired thank heavens the scope came with the old fashioned covers with double elastic they work the ones that came on my Tru Glo seem to use the same latching set up but they work fairly well the problem with that little jewel is the speed ring is some how backwards you raise the speed ring and the shoots higher instead of lower I'll send it back after season trying to get somebody at Tru glo to answer the phone is always entertaining
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hey tusk are you sure that both ends take the same size? My scope seems to have quite a difference between the two ends and can't see how they would take the same size caps. i just want to be sure before buying.

Fred yes that is why I want the Butler's that have the push tab to flip the eyepiece cover open it works great never had a problem with the set on my varizone. And quiet to open with my thumb covering the button and a little bit of the cover it didn't have that snap noise like the normal flip ups.
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Got my info here on the forum . I bought some the other day from Bass pro but since they were posed to be a stocking stuffer I didn't try them . Will try them and post tomorrow . It's 11o'Clock and my bedtime right now . :lol:
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have a set of the Butler creek from my Lumi-Zone, I like those quite a bit. The rear one used a button and the front was a pressure fit, they could be opened simultaneously with ease.
I just hate the thoughts of battling the crowd in Bass Pro over the next few weeks..

John, are the one's BJ sells the factory style?
WMU 91
Boo string
Stash

Post by Stash »

The Butler Creek 48.0 mm fits the front of the Lumizone. We didn't have one in stock that fits the back, but since the 43.2 mm is a bit too tight (goes over the very end but not the knurled ring) and the 45 mm is too loose, I'm guessing something around 44 mm would be perfect.

Pydpiper - do you remember the size of your eyepiece (rear) cap?

As for the Varizone, both ends are the same and the 39.6/39.4 mm sizes are a perfect fit.
bj

Post by bj »

Stash wrote:The Butler Creek 48.0 mm fits the front of the Lumizone. We didn't have one in stock that fits the back, but since the 43.2 mm is a bit too tight (goes over the very end but not the knurled ring) and the 45 mm is too loose, I'm guessing something around 44 mm would be perfect.

Pydpiper - do you remember the size of your eyepiece (rear) cap?

As for the Varizone, both ends are the same and the 39.6/39.4 mm sizes are a perfect fit.
excalibur pre-packages the correct caps for for the luminzone and the varizone...the varizone caps are both the same size, but the lumizone caps are different...these are available "now" in the excalibur packaging.....

Wayne.....
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

When I put the micrometer to the old vari-zone caps I am getting 39.25 for the rear and 39.6 for the front, for whatever reason.
The Caps I need are 46.87 for the front and 42.81 for the rear, according to my measurement (Lumi-Zone).
Again, my caps are two different styles, I use the button release for the rear and the thumb lip for the front, just seemed easier to me.
WMU 91
Boo string