carbon express?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tws75

carbon express?

Post by tws75 »

has anyone used the carbon express bolts i have about a dozen from another xbow i had and was thinking of putting flat knocks and blazer vanes on them they never seemed to group very good with the other xbow and before i spend money having them redone i thought i would ask for some input first
TYE

Post by TYE »

Give them a try as they are right now. Half Moon nocks won't kill your bow.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The 2" vanes and flat nocks may not change things much. I shoot a Vortex too. Getting my best results after drastically changing my forward of center (FOC) ratio. Took off the 5" vanes, installed 2" blazers, and 110 grain brass knocks instead of the 40 gr aluminum ones. Made a big difference. My FOC seems to be well over 15% (that's an estimate, going to do the numbers today). But I"m shooting Gold Tip Lazar IIs, for which the heavy brass inserts are available. Not sure if you can get them for your CEs.
BTW, the CEs with 4" vanes fly very well out of my Parker Terminator when using 100gr Slick Trick Magnums. They did not fly well with Thunderheads. Could it be your broadhead is causing the problem?
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I also use carbon express with my exocet.
I use them with the half moon nocks.
Ive found them to be heavier than my previous easton aluminums but doesnt the weight give them more kinetic energy????