New Ride

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Very Nice Truck I Switched To Toyota In 1998 From Chevy Still Have The truck 155,257 Miles No Repairs American Car Makers Better Step Up Or Face The Consequnces They Are Faceing NOW!!!!!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I had one 1989 Ford F150 that made it to 327,000 miles with no major repairs ... and I don't personally know anyone who's gotten more useful working mileage out of an American truck than that ... but I personally know more than several guys who have driven their Toyota Tacomas well over 300,000 ... one guy who's near 400,000 now.

You can't deny durability and dependability ... and that's why people vote with their pocketbooks.

If the big Japanese trucks prove as reliable, American automakers had better brace for the impact ... truck building is the last bastion of strong US auto manufacturing.

It is fantasizing to suppose that the Japanese can't make big trucks that are as good as ours ... Toyota is a very real threat. They've been building reliable vehicles for 70 years; and just look at their current manufacturing numbers!

I'd love to see big American trucks stay on top of the heap ... but we're going to have to tighten up our game if that is to remain the case.
Last edited by Grizzly Adam on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

fuel80guy wrote:Sorry Guys
But i gotta disagree with your choice in trucks.Gotta be a Ford.
See i used to build ford trucks here in ontario and well im a ford worker.
Lets be honest when you say truck you say ford or perhaps you say chevy or perhaps you say dodge but cmon you never say toyota truck do you.
Yes the japanese auto manufactures are kicking us but were not outta the game yet.Think crossbows you think excalibur,,,why because they have been around along time.Do you think middleton for crossbows,,,i doubt it.
Just a thought
Gotta agree! I spent a summer working at the ford plant here in KY. Not only did we make f150s, we also had some canadians come down from the CA plant to help out! I wonder if that was you eh?
hawg hunter

Tough Trucks

Post by hawg hunter »

I see a lot of Trucks on the road down here in Texas. They build Tundras rite here in SA. There's alot of hype over this truck. I know that all of us wrk hard and we work our vehicles hard. You do not see these trucks on the ranches and construction site in this part of the country. Most of them are parked in housing developments where they run back and forth to Cabelas or Bass pro.
I helped build the plant here in town. There's alot of BS over how many jobs they provide. Well they'll bring a lot of people from japan to man the better paying jobs on guest visas. Remember if you work for Toyota you are governed by Japanese rules. Osha and most of our labor law does not apply. You are a second class citizen in there eyes. I spent over 3yrs on the jobsite for Toyota.
Pydpiper

Re: Tough Trucks

Post by Pydpiper »

Thats just the good stuff, I hear they keep all the shift workers tied up in the basement and fed a diet of stale rice and forced to drink the water that manages to seep through the walls.
Your facts are less than accurate actually, 3 members of my immediate family have been (some still are) employed by Toyota, including my wife. Another family member has been with them since their opening over 25 years ago and has a very different opinion than yours. There is no company regardless of their magnitude or place of origin that can skirt any labor laws, unless Texas is somehow different than the rest of the free world.
As a contractor you were likely dealing with other contractors, the guys that run the plants are not the same ones who build them.
Toyota is the highest paying automotive factory out there, but they do make people work, that is the Japanese way. Telling me that these guys treat the people I know as "second class citizens" is offensive.

hawg hunter wrote: I helped build the plant here in town. There's alot of BS over how many jobs they provide. Well they'll bring a lot of people from japan to man the better paying jobs on guest visas. Remember if you work for Toyota you are governed by Japanese rules. Osha and most of our labor law does not apply. You are a second class citizen in there eyes. I spent over 3yrs on the jobsite for Toyota.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Living in Kitchener, the Toyota plant has really added to our local economy. No one that I've spoken with that works there complains about their employer.

I'm proud to drive a locally-built Corolla. I've had the car for 10 yrs and it's treated me much better than I've treated it. The only things that have needed replacing are brakes and clutch. It's been a very reliable, well-built & economical car that has retained it's value better than other cars in it's class.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sweeet looking ride .... !

As for ther truck debate .... Well I've owned 3 Toyota's and 4 Fords .... they all did the job for me although I have to admit my Fords were in the shop more ...

PS : I've worked for the local Toyota Plant for the best part of 19 years now ..... And can confirm they dont beat us and make us eat rice ... :lol: :lol:

Pretty hard to dispute in our " neck of the woods " , Toyota Motor Manfacuturing Canada , is one of the most secure , profitable , safe plants around ... and contributes to the local economy " big time " !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Boo

Post by Boo »

Are you sure RJ? I hear us Japanese (a note for a previous poster, that the name starts with a capitol and has 8 letters) employers are really mean and horrible employers. The Japanese automakers in Canada do very well and much of the reason is that they don't need Unions. I doubt that the employees themselves want them. I am betting that the employee/employer relationship has much to do with the quality of vehicle. If you treat them well and take care of them they care about what they do. Go figure it's a win win situation for everyone including the buyer! This is not to say that Unions are bad. They were certainly needed in some areas in the past but I kinda wonder if they are needed when both employee and employer treat each other well.
Toyotas are supposed to be the most reliable vehicles made and Nissan is supposed to be the most profitable auto maker at this point. I could care less who makes the most reliable truck I just want it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

For work, or play, or survival, I would take a Toyota. My reasoning: Have you ever watched those nature shows where they go on safari across Africa, Australia, in the deserts, in the jungle, across the ice. All I ever see are Toyotas.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
blackdi

Post by blackdi »

I knew I liked Grizzly Adams. My hole life has been GMC"S. They are one of the only trucks that will not let after market parts be put on. So when the body shops are working on them, your not going to get some cheap after market Parts. Plus when this is the only trucks your dad and family buy's, you tend to stay with a GOOD THING.
Terry
Black Diamond Kennles
Home Of
BLACK DIAMOND ICE MAN
BLACKDIAMOND COVE
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Boo wrote: This is not to say that Unions are bad. They were certainly needed in some areas in the past but I kinda wonder if they are needed when both employee and employer treat each other well.
You've got that right, Boo. I tend to be pro-union in sentiment because my dad worked in a UAW shop and the shop union boss saved his bacon several times when the company "rules" might have unfairly cost him his job.

Unions came to prominence as a grassroots reaction to the abuses of ruthless employers ... but grew to such power that the situation was almost reversed in some cases, and employers were subject to the abuse of ruthless unions.

All such could be avoided if people would simply respect each other, and treat others the way they want to be treated themselves.
Grizz
Boo

Post by Boo »

Agreed Griz, they are still needed in places like some mines and dearly needed in some countries where they make the clothes that we wear!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

blackdi wrote: I knew I liked Grizzly Adams. My hole life has been GMC"S.
Hey, Blackdi ...

I had one very durable Ford truck, and I have an old Ford beater right now ... but I really have liked the GMC Sierras I have been driving since 1998 (I had an old '70 GMC too) ... they really have a heavy, quality feel to them and they drive nicely. Not agile, as Bstout noted ... but solid and smooth. They have also been very reliable. I have to say I like their looks about as well as anything on the market, although that is purely a personal preference.

I'd sure buy another. :D
Grizz