I can't take it anymore...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hawg hunter

Bad luck?

Post by hawg hunter »

That's why they call it huntin and not killin. Patients is what it's all about.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Now I just got a phone call from my friend that her grandpa had a heart attack...... GOD WHATS NEXT?!
DanO

Post by DanO »

I found one of the best ways is to ask within the circle of friends, family and people at school or work. Often somebody has land that deserves scouting. It takes a year or more to get to know where to put your stands and to pattern the deer. It's less difficult than the door to door thing.

It's been a really weird year and I'm alot older than you Tye! Remember it only takes about 5 minutes to make it a successful year.

Dan O. :lol:
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Tye ... I'm sorry about the death of your friend, and your other friend's grandpa's troubles.
Grizz
travis

Post by travis »

hey tye sorry to here about the daths to your freinds, keep a possitive attitude your luck has to get better real soon.
exuinox, groundpounder mount,
right stuff scope packeage
greatest WIFE and kids got me this for fathers day.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

hey tye,,do you have any public hunting land the state lease for hunting. here in kansas we have thousands of acres that the state leases from farmers called walk in hunting, & then the state owns thousands of acres of public hunting land. some of the biggest deer killed in kansas are killed on these hunting areas.

hatchet jack
they say he is still up there.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Tye,
Sounds like you're getting hit from all directions with bad news. Sometimes it's hard to find that "silver lining" in the storm cloud, but it's there. Bear with it, it has to get better - let's just hope it's soon!
I've had plenty of times when I thought life as I knew it was too terrible to bear, (losing a job, going through a divorce, etc.) but later when looking back it was really for the best! A change I was afraid of, a change I didn't want at the time, but today I'm glad they happened!
wabi
Belt&Suspenders

Post by Belt&Suspenders »

Tye, sounds like you're having it come at you from all sides. That's got to be hard. All I know is that God is in control and I will pray for you buddy. Harry
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Sorry to hear of your recent losses. It's not easy. Take care of yourself!!

As far as getting permission to hunt land, you just have to do it. The first couple times aren't easy but after that it does get easier. Be respectful, courtious. Offer to help around the property. Buy them a bottle of wine for Christmas.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you wanna talk about depressed... try having someone else climb in your stand and kill a 171 gross buck that you have both sheds from and have been hunting all year...

then have someone else jump a 173 gross deer behind your house and kill him....He was laying in my backyard and I had no clue that big of a deer was there.

I have goodluck normally, but I just cant ever get the real monstors out there :(

but dont worry, normally a really bad year is followed by something good. Just go out expecting not to do a damn thing.. thats when you get something big normally 8) :P
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Hey Tye,
Try not to get too down on yourself. Life is not always perfect. Sometimes we have to go through some ruff perids to learn some very valuable lessons that will make us better people, and also make the good times so much better when they come.

For instance, I bet you are not so concerned about your hunting success now that you have a friend in great pain and in need of support. As much as I hate to say it, Family and Friends should come first because they are the most importan part of your life. Hunting and being successfull are only a small part of a very big picture. I am saddend to hear the news and I will pray for you, your friend, and everyone else affected to be able to make it through these times in the best possible way, to become stronger and smarter as a result, and to be able to find the good of these horrible events, whatever it may be.

As for your bad luck hunting, It is all a matter of how you look at it. I would say that you are having good success by coming so close to getting a deer. You havn't tagged one yet but atleast you are seeing and hearing some good action. You are lucky to be hunting in such a good spot. It is just a matter of time untill you get one, or more. Make sure you are allways ready for anything and keep your past experiences in your mind to help prepare you for future opportunities. I know it can be realy frustrating to have a place that is good and not to be able to hunt it enough but atleast you have a good place. I suggest spending your off season this year asking landowners for permission, or finding public land, and then scouting it so you will have a place to go when your dad's friend isn't going to the other spot. I have been through many long lasting slumps where things just would not work out in my favor for many different reasons. They were not easy at all to make it through and I felt like giving up more than once, but I kept at it and it eventualy worked out. It was so rewarding to finaly break the slump and connect. It was a feeling that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't worked so hard and gone so long without getting lucky. Keep trying and it will happen. If we got deer almost every time we went out, we wouldn't enjoy hunting nearly as much. That's why it's called hunting, not killing.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Tye quote " keep telling him the same thing but I don't think he wants to go asking farmers."

What is wrong with you going out and asking without your father?

jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
TYE

Post by TYE »

flbuckmaster wrote:Tye quote " keep telling him the same thing but I don't think he wants to go asking farmers."

What is wrong with you going out and asking without your father?

jay
I don't have a drivers license... :oops: :oops:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Thanks for the prayers and advice guys. :)

Well put LV2HNT. :) Thanks..
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

TYE,
OK, I HAVE THE SOLUTION....HAVE YOUR GIRL FRIEND GET UP YOU AT 4:00 AM , FIX BREAKFAST, GET YOU DRESSED, DRIVE YOU TO THE HUNT AREA, AND WAIT FOR YOU IN THE CAR TILL YOU COME OUT. I FIND THATS A GOOD WAY TO "WEED" THEM OUT REAL FAST. IF YOU FIND ONE THAT WILL DO THAT...MARRY HER ON THE SPOT!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE?
JAY