First deer with my Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Belt&Suspenders

First deer with my Excalibur

Post by Belt&Suspenders »

Well guys, it happened. I shot my first deer with my Excalibur a couple weeks back! What a great feeling. I was up a tree over a green patch maybe 15 feet high. This little 4-pointer came in and turned broadside about 26 yars away. I put the crosshairs on the Varizone right on his boiler room and the carbon bolt punched right through and broke his right front leg as it exited. The deer went about 15 yards max before he let out the "death moan" and there he was. The Wasp Boss broadhead made at least an inch and a half exit wound, if not bordering on 2 inches. Ok now I'm really hooked. Thanks Excalibur for building such an accurate bow. Harry Crabtree
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Congratulations on your deer, Harry ... and welcome to the forum! :D

You know, among all the deer I've killed (100+ ... don't count anymore) I've never heard one "let out the death moan" ... although I did shoot a doe through both shoulders with a skinny first-era carbon from an Oneida Aero-Force back in 1993, and she "baaaaed" loudly when it hit her.

What did your "death moan" sound like? I'm curious.
Grizz
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
wabi
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

I smell BACK STRAP,,, Congrats 8)
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
Belt&Suspenders

death moan

Grizzly Adam: regarding the death moan, it's that deep moan with the dying breath an animal gives off. The only thing I can think of it sounds like is a Buddist priest as they meditate and they make a light version like this and it sounds like "auhmmmm". That's about the best I can tell you. My family owns a little over 1200 acres in South Alabama and I've shot more deer than I can count and while I don't hear it every time I shoot one, I have heard it often but you normally need to be pretty close to the animal to hear it. Hope this helps. Harry
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on getting a Buck with yer CB,just feels good all under!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Congratulation on the excalibur deer . An Excalibur crossbow and Wasp broahead make for 1 deadly combination.
tracer

Post by tracer »

Congrats on your Excal. deer. Got any pics ?
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's on your first Excalibur deer !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Belt&Suspenders

sorry but no pictures Tracer. It wasn't really that large a buck as it had a small rack (what we call "basket rack" in the deep South), it's the fact that I got one. If it had been an old doe, I would have been just as excited! I've got more confidence with this bow now that it's "proven" itself. I can freehand it with no support and at 50 yards consistently put the arrows in the space of a open-hand size area which is about an 8" circle. So out to 30 yards or even more, I feel confident I can do the job. We'll see what the rest of this year brings. Harry