More bunnies today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Downunder

More bunnies today

Post by Downunder »

While most of you guys are freezing on the other side of the world here in Kiwiland we having a toastie summer, no white Christmas's here !
Anway managed to bag 5 more rabbits on the riverbed this arvo, longest shot this time was 40 paces, wickedly accurate are these Excaliburs but sometimes I wish I bought the model up from the Vixen for a little more grunt, maybe one day !
Rudy

downunder

Post by Rudy »

You should show us some pictures of where you hunt. It would be interesting to see.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Bunnies with an Excalibur ? It must be hard on arrows ! Bent / lost / or broken . Forgot about pass thrus , unless of course, the rabbits there are a lot bigger than the ones we have around here . :lol:
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

yes I would but have to get them loaded to another website linking them to this one or something like that apparently, I will have to follow those instructions discribed on an earlier post..... a rainy day job cos I just have a dial-up so is an extremely painful process !!
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

I'm using ... sorry should I mention it !.. Horton Carbon Strike MX with Muzzy Grasshoppers under the 100 grain field point, works very well but passes rite thru most of the time. I going to try to find some light broadheads and see how they perform. Yes the bunnies are a small ( same as yours !) target but challenging and a true test of accuracy !
Have only distroyed 1 bolt so far when struck a rock and it just DISINTERGRADED :(
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Has anyone had experience with 100 grain G5 Small Game Broadheads on rabbits or the likes ? I order some last nite so hopefully they perform well with the VIXEN !
wabi

Post by wabi »

I tried some of the G-5 small game heads and they work fine!
Biggest problem was price and the fact that they WILL break if you happen to hit a rock. :cry:
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

Wabi, have you tried the rubber Barta bunny busters?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Yes, they are a very good point, but mine are so old they are the HTM brand. :lol: :lol:
wabi
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

At the on-line shop I get my stuff from in NZ they have the HTM push-on blunts and I have also bought some THUMPER SCREW-ON blunts which I have not tried yet... still waiting on the G5's to arrive... I think the Christmas rush is holding things up !
Last edited by Downunder on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

The G5 small games have arrived and look lethal ! hopefully try them this weekend :)