Razorcaps and aluminium bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

My Razorcaps fly right beside my field tips out of my old Exocet so maybe pduran has to slow the arrow down.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Kevin 2

Post by Kevin 2 »

I shoot 100 gr. Razor caps with 5" feathers at 4 deg offset straight fletch and brass inserts 371.6 gr. total for an FCOB of 20.32% on deer.

I am shooting an ExoMag I have cronyed them but I cannot find the data sheet so I will not guess. They were in the published speed range in the manual but again I cannot find my data sheet.

They have never failed to pass through any thing I have shot including spine shots. They group at exactly the same point as 100 gr field tips.

Are you using 125 gr. field tips for comparison? Just need to ask I have mixed them with 100 gr more than once. :oops: :oops:

I use a fine diamond stone to hone the blades and then a good steal to dress them when needed. They cut very clean and leave a very good blood trail.

Just shot a doe this morning at 34.8 yds. Yes I checked before I shot. Complete pass through broken ribs and massive holes in both lungs. Found the bolt about 40 yds past the point of impact. Deer went about 30 yds and dropped.

I have tested 125 gr. Razor Caps and 150 gr. Magmus 3 blade and all flew true very little wind age adjustment but elevation adjustment was required especially with the 150 gr. Magmus.

Have you checked the weight of the assembled bolts? I have found a lot of variation in components. 3 gr on field points, 1.2 gr on nocks, 1.2 gr on inserts 4 to 6 gr on broadheads and 5 to 6 gr with shafts. If your bow is sensitive the stack up of all light and all heavy components could have an effect.

One other thing are you using a scope? If so how level is it? If the scope is off level a change in elevation can also give you a large windage offset.

I am getting long winded on this just asking the things that come to mind as I type.

Good Luck,
Kevin