Taking the wife hunting Saturday morning!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Taking the wife hunting Saturday morning!!

Post by Pydpiper »

She grew up with 2 brothers and a father that hunt, she is no stranger to the whole concept. This however was my first season. Her Parents are going to watch our three kids Friday night till we get home Saturday.
Pretty much guaranteed to see some deer where I will have us situated, and that is all she wants, I just hope the wind co-operates. I went against my better judgment and placed bait (whole corn) in an attempt to increase her chances of getting close and personal with a deer or two.
I am oddly excited about getting out there with her, something else we can share together (and she looks terribly sexy in camo), This is the first time we have ever had our three kids baby sat in 5 years since we began having them :D . We will be hunting the land at the end of our driveway, and our kids will be safe and warm a country block away.
If all goes well we will be in the market for another crossbow next year, Boo got her started on a recurve this summer and seems to be what she likes for now, not that she would ever aim it at anything alive though.
She makes sure I get at least one chance a day to get out into the bush while she maintains our home, now she can see exactly what it is I am up to. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

The way I see it, this is another great marriage that will last. Those who hunt together stay together in my experience with other couples that we know, who share and hunt together.
Wishing David and Jen a new experience together that will last a lifetime. All the best you two kids.
Dress warm!!!
Norm and Patti
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Never take her Duck Hunt'n,,,,,,, My wife said she aint never going back with me :cry: :twisted:
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
wabi

Post by wabi »

I am oddly excited about getting out there with her, something else we can share together (and she looks terribly sexy in camo),
Remember - You're married to each other - that can wait! Keep your mind on hunting!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

David, Jen's a pretty good girl but don't you think she might be a bit surprised to see exactly how excited you can really get????? LOL! :D :D :D :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:David, Jen's a pretty good girl but don't you think she might be a bit surprised to see exactly how excited you can really get????? LOL! :D :D :D :shock:
Oh Oh....that camo again :shock:
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Vladymere

Post by Vladymere »

You didn't give her the "lucky" antler hat to wear, did you?

Vlad
TPM

Post by TPM »

Good for you Pydpiper! My wife is my #1 hunting partner. It's great sharing all aspects of the hunt with your spouse whether it's pre-season scouting, sitting in a blind or cleaning and butchering the kill. I never get grief about buying hunting stuff and I think I'm the only guy I know whose wife gets excited if I'm late coming home from hunting (she figures I'm either tracking or hauling out). I'm also the only guy I know who spends alternating Saturday mornings at home looking after our son while my wife is out hunting! Having a wife who enjoys hunting and the outdoors as much as I do has turned hunting from a hobby into a life-style. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

TPM wrote:Good for you Pydpiper! My wife is my #1 hunting partner. It's great sharing all aspects of the hunt with your spouse whether it's pre-season scouting, sitting in a blind or cleaning and butchering the kill. I never get grief about buying hunting stuff and I think I'm the only guy I know whose wife gets excited if I'm late coming home from hunting (she figures I'm either tracking or hauling out). I'm also the only guy I know who spends alternating Saturday mornings at home looking after our son while my wife is out hunting! Having a wife who enjoys hunting and the outdoors as much as I do has turned hunting from a hobby into a life-style. :D
does she have a sister?
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The wife spouse related stories are great! but if this means I may have to eventually give up a Saturday morning hunt then I am going out now to shut the gas valve off on the quad.. :D
Truthfully, I can't see a better way of spending time together, we are already freaking out about not having kids for a few hours, but it should work out fine.. Just a few tiny hours to go..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Absolutely perfect morning!
Alarm went off at 5:15, by 6 we were trudging through the corn field. Got to the clearing I made in the tree line facing the bush at 6:15.. I sat and watched her wiggle around in her noisy chair for a bit and then I started in about how once she finally settles in we will have to wait an hour until the woods calm down from our noisy venture into the woods.. She raised her hand to me motioning me to shut up because "she heard something"..
Sure enough, we weren't in that blind 1 minute and a big buck walked right past her window and fed in front of us (24 yards) for about 15 excruciating minutes. :D
It was before legal light so we just sat and watched it.. As if it were wearing a watch it turned into the bush and headed off to safer ground.. Not before I counted all 8 points though.
Not a bad first hunt for her :D And she would be happy to tell you that yes, she did see it first.
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

Good Morning!
Four eyes and ears are better than two. :)
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

That's awesome! I hope to get my wife out sometime.

I'm starting to believe that Deer can definitely tell time or they know when you do or don't have a particular tag. The best shot I will probably ever have at a 10 pt buck was after my son shot his buck using my buck tag and I only had doe tags. He gave me 2 perfect 10 yard broadside shots and I couldn't take them.

Dave
TPM

Post by TPM »

The best shot I will probably ever have at a 10 pt buck was after my son shot his buck using my buck tag and I only had doe tags. He gave me 2 perfect 10 yard broadside shots and I couldn't take them.
Hate to break this to you but in Ontario you can use a doe tag on either a buck or a doe. Any tag can be used on a buck, the "Antlerless" validation just allows you the option of shooting a doe in the WMU stated on the tag.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My second tag says "antlerless only".. I am confused and intrigued at the same time.. :D
WMU 91
Boo string