Don't know what to do! UPDATED w PIC

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

GREAT DEER!!!! :shock:
Congrats!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

That's a beauty of a buck, he'll score way up in the 160's or 70's. Don't feel bad about the pictures, I'm the worst one for taking bad, blood splattered pictures. I rarely have a camera even in my truck, let alone on my person.

Now I finally know how to post pictures, :oops: I'll try carry the camera more often.

Grey Owl
Belt&Suspenders

Post by Belt&Suspenders »

That's a nice one. I wonder if I can do some digital magic and put my face on yours and show it to my buddies? :lol:
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Hey F-H,
Do not worry about cleaning your buck up. Those complaining must not have shot, gutted, dragged or skinned many deer. What a bunch of complainers. You should be very proud of your buck and the shot you made on him. Get him scored and take all the PRETTY photos you want when he is hanging on your wall.

Really, it is a great accomplihment and you need to know just how fatastic that buck is. It will make you understand just how rare he is. Have the guy doing your mount green score your buck. Then let us all know what he green scores. Remember, the biggest buck taken in Ontario by crossbow is a 177 finished score. Anythng over 125 is in the top 1% of the poplulation. I will bet you are going to green score in the 140's

Again Congratulations
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Yeah there's a real looker !! Great Buck !
Boo

Post by Boo »

kendo kid wrote:Hey F-H,
Do not worry about cleaning your buck up. Those complaining must not have shot, gutted, dragged or skinned many deer. What a bunch of complainers.
My comments were not complaints, they were comments and I have field dressed and skinned many a deer, antelope, moose and elk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why in the world would anyone discourage someone wanting to take a better picture by taking thirty seconds towards making a better picture? Would anyone here push their hair back before getting a driver's lic photo? Does anyone here clean or wash their car from time to time? Does anyone here cut their lawn? How about Getting a hair cut?
Now the man realizes that he could have made an improvement so let him want something better, encourage him to succeed. This is now educators, parents, friends and other people in responsible positions act!
Last edited by Boo on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement everyone. I am a very happy and proud bowhunter. I usually shoot a Mathews, but when it gets so cold I have to put lots of clothes on and cannot draw comfortably then I switch to my trusty old exocet. I am used to some of the other comments from the fishing forums, god forbid you keep a fish to eat lol. If it wasn't for people telling how things should be and how they should be done how in the world would the rest of us irresponsible lost souls get through life lol. I guess I should have taken a back pack full of cleaning products and a dozen rolls of papertowel along for 3/4k hike in and drag out in knee deep snow.
I am not a photographer so pics were not at the top of my priority list when we left on foot for the 3/4k hike to go look for him. Infact it was a bonus to get pics of him where we found him cause we did not make a point to get a camera as it was not thought of as finding him was #1 priority at the time. The camera just happened to be in a pocket of the old work coat I grabbed from taking pics of my 2yr old playing in the snow the day before. Anyway this is silly I am not explaining myself any further.
Just my 2 cents and a sudden urge to rant
Merry Christmass everyone and a happy and safe New Year :wink:
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
saxman

Post by saxman »

He's beauty my friend.
CONGRATS on the buck of my dreams
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Very nice Buck. Congratulations!!!!!!
Rich

Post by Rich »

CONGRATS. Beautiful buck, I think the picture is great. I'd rather see tongue and blood than a bottle of Dead Down Wind or Tinks by someone shamelessly plugging their hunting products. Sometimes the circumstances don't always allow a "Kodak moment".

Rich
steve

Post by steve »

congrats on a great deer , I like to see the local guys score on deer like that one
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Congratulations! Without the pictures you did get we couldn't say "Great looking deer"
Why ride when you can walk!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Congrats on a great buck. One to be proud of for sure.

The picture thing has gotten a little out of hand as of late. I've read too many "nice deer, but..." referring to the deer not being cleaned prior to a pic. I say nice deer, period!! If one wants to have clean pictures than they are free to take them, but they shouldn't have to voice negative comments for other successful hunters just because they don't like it.

Nothing wrong with your pic in my eyes and if there was I would keep it to myself because I'm not about to take away from your accomplishments.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Rich wrote:CONGRATS. Beautiful buck, I think the picture is great. I'd rather see tongue and blood than a bottle of Dead Down Wind or Tinks by someone shamelessly plugging their hunting products. Sometimes the circumstances don't always allow a "Kodak moment".

Rich
The circumstances dont always allow a "Kodak Moment" but it only takes a minute to cut off a hanging tongue and wipe off a little blood. My comment was not a complaint but a suggestion for a better photo in the future. Imagine if the buck was an Ontario record and couldnt be used for major magazines for all to enjoy because it wasnt cleaned up prior to the photo.
As for Kendo Kid's comment: I have cleaned more deer from my wheelchair the past 17 years than you will ever see in the woods!
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I would like to take a sec to clear up my last comment on this post, I wasn't taking a jab at anyone in particular just me being me making a joke of the situation. I completely understand that what was said was meant well and no offence was taken and my intent was not to offend but mearly entertain. It is all good advise and alot can be learned from eachother. We all have the same goals and that is to be the best hunters we can be and have fun pursuing those crafty cridders.
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn