Hams?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seeelk

Hams?

Post by seeelk »

Are there any other Hams in this forum? I see lots of cards and characters, but I was curious if there are any crossbow shooting Hams. KE7CNR (Amateur Radio) 73’s
Excalibur Equinox
Black and Blue, Boo String!
Vari-Zone Scope
GrounderPounder Mount
Crankaroo (due to injury)
Cabela's Stalker (417.6 gr. with broadhead)
Wasp Boss 100 3 blade
Vert Archer as of 1973, Crossbow Hunter as of 12/07
Country

Post by Country »

Im in the process of becoming one. I've got a Kenwood 820S and put in a 1/4 wavelength long wire. Still need to put up my Gegi. I just listen right now but will go and get certified sometime in the next couple of months. I don't know how well my unit will reach out west or east of me as I have my wire strung out for a north/south beam. What LSB channel do you usually broadcast on?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Not a broadcaster, but I've got a nice shortwave reciever. :D
Grizz
seeelk

Hams

Post by seeelk »

An early welcome to the Bands to you, lots of fun ahead. I am a tech class and do most of my work on 2 meters and some 440. I do have an HF rig but not the class to use it yet, that is in the future also. The group I hunt with all got their ticket for communicating while in the woods. It’s great to be able to call your hunting partners hundreds of miles away, as compared to two or three mile limit of FRS or GMRS. Last year I got a call from one of my buds, he had located two separate herds of Elk. He gave me the coordinates over the air. That day my son and I loaded up and moved our camp ninety miles north and hunted both the herds the next day, we didn’t score an Elk but did get into them. This area of North Idaho and Eastern Washington are well saturated with some very good repeater systems, there are very few areas not covered. I did expect to see more than one Ham on the forum, even with this modern day math one is still more than zero. Again, welcome to the Bands. Tom AKA SEEELK
Excalibur Equinox
Black and Blue, Boo String!
Vari-Zone Scope
GrounderPounder Mount
Crankaroo (due to injury)
Cabela's Stalker (417.6 gr. with broadhead)
Wasp Boss 100 3 blade
Vert Archer as of 1973, Crossbow Hunter as of 12/07
gad

Post by gad »

ZZ5MGD

Best regards,

Gus.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:lol: Retiring from Ten Tec , Inc this coming Friday Jan 4th, 2008 :lol:
Now I won't have to answer questions on repair of Ham Rigs over the telephone and by E-Mail. I never was a Ham but I was in commercial broadcasting since I was 23. I've been here @ Ten Tec (the only American made ham gear still on the market) for aver 10.5 years. I never needed another hobby besides Hunting. Maybe next season I can put more time into it. I repaired and tested Corsair models and built and tested the Linear Amplifiers. Yea Freedom next week.
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

I have been on the air since 1963 first as K3ZPL then N3HW QRP now with Elecraft K2. Going to retire this year and want to get on the air from hunt camp.
72's and best 73's
Harry
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

Yeppp N3OO since 1963
XYL is N3YL
Son #1 is KA3S
Son #2 is KS3V
Dad is WA3EBJ

73 BOB N3OO