Hunting withdrawals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rutman

Post by rutman »

We should be able to hunt till mid January here as well. It would be too much for the MNR to handle the change. They might have to set down the coffee for a minute.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hunting is only 1 % of what I do outdoors. Last year I bought a Jiffy ice auger from Canadian Tire, with all the fishing rods and tackle. Today I just purchased a 4 foot by 8 foot fold down ice shack, that I'll be pulling with a snowmobile. My youngest son has been pleading to go ice fishing, so this coming weekend we'll be going to our favorite frozen lake, not far from our property. My wife and my oldest son will also be going. This is a great time to bond with the kids, and get away from the hectic city.

Grey Owl
TYE

Post by TYE »

rutman wrote:We should be able to hunt till mid January here as well. It would be too much for the MNR to handle the change. They might have to set down the coffee for a minute.
LOL! You hit that one right on the dot ha ha.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

its over me me to, but its just beginning in a way....

i get to look for sheds this month and next which I love doing.. ill also move stands this month and next so the deer have PLENTY time to get use to them. Then turkey season is here :lol:

so my season is really just starting over again 8) :D
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

I still have a month and a half of great rut hunting down here. By the time deer seasons ends our turkey season starts!
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Deer season is never over!!! Now is the time to scout and find out where those deer have been hiding. Would be better if the snow was still on the ground, easier to find the hidden trails.

Although I admit sleeping in past 4 am is nice. Plus I've got some iron work to take care of. Need to make a few more stands.

Will also be knocking on some doors to expand my hunting range.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Over?????
Our season ends Feb. 3!!!!!!!!
Was out for a short time this evening, but wasn't seriously hunting. Did see a couple, but they were slightly out of crossbow range. (about 300 yards out of range :roll: )
Just hard to mentally go into hunt mode when it's 68ºF (20ºC) in January!
And to think we had a good bit of snow and the coldest temps of the year so far just a few days ago! Creeks and ponds frozen solid enough to support a man's weight late last week and saw bats chasing bugs on the walk out tonight. :roll:
wabi
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I need to come stay with you for a month Wabi :wink: . Just kidding, got my truck cleaned out and everything put up this weekend. I've got some maintenance to do on my boat so we can do some fishing in the spring. So, I guess I've got plenty to do :D .

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
rutman

Post by rutman »

crazyfarmer wrote:its over me me to, but its just beginning in a way....

i get to look for sheds this month and next which I love doing.. ill also move stands this month and next so the deer have PLENTY time to get use to them. Then turkey season is here :lol:

so my season is really just starting over again 8) :D
Just a wee bit in common. Took the plan right out of my mouth.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ray,
I neverclean my truck out - I just switch the "junk" to fit the seasons. :lol:
Right now it's full of deer hunting and beaver trapping "junk". Next will be turkey hunting and spring fishing "junk". Then target shooting, camping, and more fishing "junk". Then............. well, it just never ends when you love the outdoors!!!!!!
Amazing the treasures I find when I trade trucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I hear ya Wabi. I have a daily driver that I try to keep clean but then there's my hunting rig, a 96 Dodge 1500, lifted with 33s. It's actually a pretty sharp truck when it's cleaned up. I do keep my knives, extra clothes, boots, coveralls...... for rabbit hunts and quail hunts. Today it's royal blue yesterday it was brown, same as the 4 wheelers. :wink: Tina really wants me to buy a new crew cab so that we can all go riding around the farm and such but Tyler wants RED :shock:

God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Bobber54

Post by Bobber54 »

Our season ended last Sunday. I took another nice doe a week before. I put up a video camera in my blind and got it on video. This was my first attempt at videoing. Now I can watch my own show.
Now is the time to catch up on my "Honey do list" and gain points for next season.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Rub it in!! Rub it in!! My season's been over since Dec. 8 or 9, not sure. We have the trade of short season, for BIG BUCKS.

A long season would be nice though. I gotta have a second home somewhere in the states, uummmmmm!!!!!! :D :D :D

Grey Owl
lp3

Post by lp3 »

Getting my canoe ready,painting the floor with liner,then it is going on top my truck and heading someplace warm,do a little fishing for Reds and Trout. Been out to CO. ice fishing but i could not breath very well.