Challenging the PAL

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

Post by maple »

I remember taking the test years ago, and the one question I got wrong was really dumb. In the booklet, they said that a .22 bullet travels up to one mile. OK. Got that.

The question was- If you fire a .22 straight up into the air, how far will it go?

I chose one mile. The correct answer was two miles. One mile up and one mile down. The instructor said it was questionable. I say it was dumb.
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

maple wrote:I remember taking the test years ago, and the one question I got wrong was really dumb. In the booklet, they said that a .22 bullet travels up to one mile. OK. Got that.

The question was- If you fire a .22 straight up into the air, how far will it go?

I chose one mile. The correct answer was two miles. One mile up and one mile down. The instructor said it was questionable. I say it was dumb.
I would have given them an even better answer... NOWHERE! If you shoot it straight up then it would land back where it originated. :lol:

I don't see the point of stupid "trivia" questions - if the question (and the answer) is safety oriented then fine. I think your answer would be the closest correct one.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I do hope that the answer to that question was never the difference between anyone passing or failing that exam.

As Star Trek's Spock would say, the question lacks precision, so therefore there is not one correct answer.

Was the question actually intended to be "After leaving the barrel, before coming to rest, what was the total distance travelled by the bullet?" , or was it intended to be, "What was the greatest distance away from the barrel that the bullet would have travelled before coming to rest?"

If it was a trick question, it was a failure. It's a good thing it was removed from the exam.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
tracer

Post by tracer »

Where can you pickup a copy of the unrestricted manual for PAL ?
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

most gunshops have them.
tracer

Post by tracer »

Thanks Willie.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com