Excal scope, a must or not?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Darren

Post by Darren »

Does anyone use, or do they know of anyone mounting a scope on a excal xbow with another scope other then the recomended excal scopes. I have a scope, from new, that i have used with both .22 rimfire and spring air rifles, it`s 3-12 x 50 with illuminated mil dot recticule, paralex adjustable, with 1" weaver mounts. Can i use this on a Equinox or not? I appreciate that the excal scopes are purpose designed for xbow use, by dialing the reqired power/speed setting. My sole purpose is to try to keep cost down as here in the UK prices on Excal items seem to be double what they in the US/Canada, the Equinox xbow alone is a little under 1,000 dollers US
:cry: :cry: :cry: . I hope to find lower prices through ebay. Any light anyone can shed on my scope question would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys,
Darren in Uk.
Darren

Post by Darren »

sorry guys forgot to say that this scopes lenght is approx 14" with a weight of 780 grams.
Many Thanks.
Darren Uk.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Some guys here use other scope most are made for X bow like truglow and horton etc.
Some guys use regular 3 x 9 with an adjustable scope mount from Wolfsziet and shoot at amazing distance (target shoot that is)
Here is the link,they have a forum as well with some of the same members,like me.
http://cacciaebalestra.altervista.org/I ... Main0.html

Hope this helps my friend
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

You should be able to get a complete package (bow and scope package) for under $1000 with shipping included from somewhere like bowhunterssuperstore.com

Lots of good deals come up in the trading post here too. You might not get an Equinox though.

As for ebay. Make sure you also check ebay.com (the main US site) you will fine a lot more listings there. Most of them indicate they will ship to the US only but I've had good luck in contacting the seller and asking them if they will ship to Canada. Most times they will.

Good luck with your search. Sorry I can't help you out with your scope question.

Dave
wabi

Post by wabi »

The air rifle scope with mil dots should work well on a crossbow.
A little experimenting with the power ring might let you adjust it so the dots are on at evenly spaced distances (5 yards for example), then it would work on the same principal as the Excal scope.
wabi
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

While you can use most any scope on an XB, most higher power rifle scopes are parallel adjusted for 100 yards so won't produce sharp image up close and field of view will be quite small. The other problem with most high power scopes is that they are large adding considerable weight. I shoot a LumiZone and even it seems large at 12 inches. If I were to use something else it would be a low powered scope like 2.5 power or a smaller 4 power meant for rimfire guns.