Dave and Riley's Bolt case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LondonDave

Dave and Riley's Bolt case

Post by LondonDave »

I stopped by Canadian Tire today at lunch and picked up one of the low profile tool boxes like bstout used on his case. I had some dense foam at home that we notched out to hold the bolts. It holds 14 bolts.

Dave
VortexKid

Post by VortexKid »

I must say it works quite well.

Riley :D
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I went to Canadian tire yesterday for a furnace filter, seen this box as soon as I walked in the door. I remembered Bob using one so I scooped it up.. By the time I got to my truck I realized I didn't have it anymore, must have left it behind.
That box looks like it was made to hold arrows. :D

Dave, those tiger stripe arrows, very nice! Are they wraps or something different?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Tiger stripes are GreyWolf customs. They are wraps. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. We might be going to the indoor range tonight.

Those boxes do indeed seem like they were made specifically for bolt cases. They also have a deeper box for a couple of bucks more that I thought about buying and making a double decker type set up to also hold heads, strings, tools, etc.

Dave
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I picked up 2 of these boxes on the weekend as well from Canadian Tire. Does anyone know where I can find some foam to use. I checked at Rona and couldn't find any. Help please.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
tworr

Post by tworr »

I've been trying to find something like that bolt case in the states and have not been able to find anything just like it.

I hope I don't get laughed at for this, but the only thing I could find that I thought could work was a case from a "combo game" package that I found at Fred's or Walmart. It's around $15 and comes with a 2 or 3 games like volleyball, badminton and maybe horseshoes.

It's a 26" soft case that if I needed it to be reinforced, I could glue lexan that I have to the insides. I'm not even sure I would have to do that, but the case looks like it could make a good bolt case.

The only question is without reinforcements, is a soft case a bad idea?

It looked something like this, but the one I saw was rectangle and may have only opened from the end.

Tworr
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

schnarrfuss wrote:I picked up 2 of these boxes on the weekend as well from Canadian Tire. Does anyone know where I can find some foam to use. I checked at Rona and couldn't find any. Help please.
I had the foam that I used. It's actually a very dense foam almost like what you would find in a gym exercise mat.

Have you checked somewhere like Michael's or Lewiscraft?

tworr,

Check bowhunters superstore. They have a crossbow bolt case for $12.99

Dave
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

MTM is the one at bowhunters superstore. It is a nice looking case.

Dave