shooting stick?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I use a shooting stick when I sit in my blind - keeps my bow up and ready for hours at a time. It allows me to warm one hand at a time too. Mine is adjustable.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Digger wrote:Image
That's awesome.

whats the min/max height on that beast?

Can you sit, and stand with it?
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I made it and another one that disappeared somewhere, I think it got left in Tx on a hunt. No, it's just for me sitting in a ground blind, have to pack a bunch of stuff on 4 whlr anyhow, figured one more item wouldn't matter.
I put the ball velour adjustment in the middle hole and then just measured a comfortable height for me and whacked the alum tubes at that length/height. There is a small groove cut into the top of wood piece same width + 1/4" for rail, which won't slide off when the thing tilts to one side or the other. I've since stained the oak, btw.
"Eze 18:21"
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

wim wrote:is there anybody who uses one in a ameristep g20 blind, and how high is your shooting stick, i ordered a g20, but don't know the height of the window.
I have a G20 blind. I'll take a measurement when I get home this afternoon and let you know.

Dave
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
LondonDave

G20 Blind height

Post by LondonDave »

Measuring from the floor to the bottom most edge of the window is 31" or approx 79 cm.

Dave
wim

Post by wim »

hey dave thank you very much for measuring the g20, now i can order my shootingstick.

great
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

A few weeks back I posted about using my Harris Bi-pod I use for varmint hunting on my Exomag. I finally was able to snap some pics of it with the bi-pod on. I didn't use it this past fall but am deffinatly going to use it this spring for turkeys when hunting on the ground. This unit is adjustable from 8" to 30" and works great either in the prone, kneeling or sitting possitions. This unit also swivels so it is very versitile. Also, incase anyone is wondering, the bi-pod snaps onto the sling bolt very easily so I cock the bow and then put the bi-pod on.

Just thought I would post some pics (sorry they arn't in more of a hunting scenario)

RyanB

saxman

Post by saxman »

I saw that primos has one now that is adjustable via a trigger.

Trigger Stick™ At the time of this post they are not available from Primos but Cabelas has them

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

Available 2-1-08 (NOT)
With just one hand and the pull of a trigger, you can adjust the Primos Trigger Stick™ to your desired height. The Trigger Stick™ is a lightweight height-adjustable gun rest and optical gear mount, perfect for sitting, kneeling or standing. It comes equipped with a detachable V yoke. The Trigger Stick™ fits 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 threaded fixtures for securing optical gear. It is perfect for cameras, spotting scopes, binoculars, laser range finders and almost any other mono pod mountable device.

30" Trigger Stick Includes:
Two-Piece Mono Pod
Perfect for Kneeling or Sitting
Adjusts from 20" to 30"
62" Trigger Stick Includes:
Three-Piece Mono Pod
Perfect for Standing or Kneeling
Adjusts from 29" to 62"

30" Trigger Stick
SKU: 6549
Price: $39.99

62" Trigger Stick