Aholes at it again!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pitch black

Post by pitch black »

got me too, taking friends daughter on youth hunt, very cold morning, we hiked up a ridge about 25 minute walk, and with surprise double ladder stand gone, could not believe it, it had been up since August, hated that she had to sit on ground with no cushion, ended up making a short hunt. they are some sorry people in this world, just like the ones that hunt from their vehicle, and steal from other hunters.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

That really sucks having your stuff ripped off.
Four years ago when I took my hunting course. It was thought by a police
officer. He said if you have a ground bind or tree stand on public property it is first come first use basis. They had a few reasons. I have yet to talk to some who agrees with this but what are going to do. I carry in and out my steps and stand what a pain in the a$$ or the back. But again what are you going to do. Can't afford a climber and also like the hang on because of the versatility. I sometimes leave the steps and take the stand. My stand wieghts
only 12#. Still more work then I want to do.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
joeumholtz

Post by joeumholtz »

Been following this thread closely (see previous post) and I notice several of you refer to these thieves as "other hunters". These aholes ARE NOT hunters and they are most certainly not sportsmen. They are thieves and lowlifes posing as hunters. A real hunter would never do such a thing to a fellow brother (or sister). Just my two cents.
Joe Umholtz
Harrisburg, PA
717-657-7896

Check out my portfolio at:

http://Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz

or

http://www2.Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz/blog
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

in kansas if you put up stands or blinds on public land ,anyone can use them, if you are late getting there some one else might be in your stand& it is legal. i have a place that connects to public land, we have feeders, stands & blinds up. we dont really have much problems,,it is too far for them to walk & no vehicles allowed. no one & i mean no one wants to drag a deer a mile & 1/2 to his truck.

hatchet jack 8)
they say he is still up there.