Hardwater fun.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

When things get real cold I also have a Clam 5600 it folds out with a full floor with holes cut into it and I find it much better to keep your feet off the ice and warm, 2 big guys like myself can fish comfortably in it no problem. This year I also got a new pair of boots by Baffin that are rated for -100c, by far the warmest boot I have ever worn. Sounds like overkill at -100 but trust me when you are just standing or sitting around out there for any length of time there is no such thing lol. First year with Vexilar and would not trade it for anything, awesome flasher.
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Looks like fun guys. How do you clean/cook them? I was always told that they had too many bones to bother trying to eat.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
catcher

Post by catcher »

I am sorry I did respond to your responses guys but I just got in from snowplowing. And this is the first time I could turn the computer on since yesterday afternoon. In response to you Grey Owl The clam guide ice hut is very towable behind atv or snow mobile. And has lots of room for all my gear. I carry 2 rods, heater, minnow pail, vex, 8 inch ice auger and there is still room for mild peppertes. And as far as your feet goes you are on the ice but have never had a problem with my feet getting cold in there with the heater going. It was minus 12 or 14 out and as you can see I did not even have my gloves on. I move around to much to have a permanent ice hut the mobile hut is the way to go for me. Sometimes you just have to move a couple hundred yards to be on the fish. And it folds up in about 3 minutes and you are on your way.
And to LV2HNT the walleye are very easy to clean. they do have one set of bones of the ribs but once you fillet them you make a small cut between the back meat and the rib meat and cut that part out. They are one of the best eating fresh water fish around. We have people come from all around the world to fish these waters here. That is why I left the invite for anybody who wants to come on up give me a call. I would enjoy to take some fellow board members on a fish.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A quick heads-up for the Canadian guys.. Wall Mart is blowing out the 2 man huts right now for $90. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string