Accuracy Guarantee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cajun

Accuracy Guarantee

Post by cajun »

I am doing my research before purchasing a xbow. I read that the Excalibur crossbows have an accuracy guarantee of 3" at 25 yards using broadheads. Is this for real?

Thanks,,,,
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Man . . .if they don't group within an inch at 25 yards, then switch broadheads.

The accuracy is very real. And, Excalibur stands behind it's product.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Sopchoppy

accuracy guarantee

Post by Sopchoppy »

I went through the same research process last year. I kept coming back to Excalibur because of this forum and Excalibur's reputation. When I read the part about why Excalibur Crossbows don't have serial numbers, that was good enough for me. You don't have to register your Excalibur because they are guaranteed PERIOD! You can ask them questions and they will answer. I'm 5'8" and the marketing dude recommended the Vortex as it has a 1 inch shorter stock and would be easier to shoulder. They are precision engineered, thus everything fits perfectly. Oh yes, it will also kill any game in North America. Check BowHunters Superstore on-line, they have the best prices on Excalibur and has free shipping from time-to-time.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I'd say 3" at 25 yds is extremely conservative. More like one inch with the X bow, full accessory package right off the store shelf.

F
Digger

Post by Digger »

These are from 25 yards with my Excal

ImageImage
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
cajun

Post by cajun »

I'm about 5'11" tall. Would the Vortex or Phoenix be a better fit? Or should I consider some other model?

THanks,
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

3 inches at 25 yards!!!! These bows can easily get that at 50 yards, question is? Can You! The human factor is the biggest factor.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Cajun, do you have a dealer that will let you shoot one. When I purchased my exomag 6 years ago, my second shot destroyed the first bolt that I ever shot with my excal. Bstout warned me but I had to see it for my self and it cost me about $10.00 for the arrow and the broadhead. I was dumb enough to dryfire mine once, called excal to buy a new limb that had lost it's tip and was send a "pair" of limbs at no charge. I'd own no other than an Excalibur.

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I'm no expert but at 5'11" size is not an issue. You should be able to shoot any X Bow comfortably. I am 5'10" and chose the exocet 200 but could have chosen any one.

F
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I shoot an Exocet 200 :wink: i practice 2 hours a week, If i only shot 3" groops at 25 yards i would be very disappointed in myself :( I can not shoot at the same target twice when i practice :D Or i would be spending lots of money on new arrows :) {Not bragging just a Great Crossbow to shoot}
Normous

Post by Normous »

At 40 yards from a bench I can put three shots inside 1" regularly. Without wind of course. My wife is 5'6" 135lb and handles the Vortex easily.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Quote:I'm about 5'11" tall. Would the Vortex or Phoenix be a better fit? Or should I consider some other model?
Cajun
Unless you're disabled so that cocking the bow is an issue, I'd go with the Vortex. The stock dimensions are essentially the same but the Vortex has a 15.5" power stroke and advertised speed of 330 fps. The Phoenix is 14.5 and 305 fps. I'm 6'1" and my Vortex fits perfectly; can't see where 2" of hight will make any difference. This bow is not only cool but shoots great.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just about any broadhead will shoot within that 3" guranteed group. Pick a good combination, and you'd better not shoot twice at the same target or you will be joining the "robin hood" club. :wink:
I have put three consecutive shots into the same hole in the target at 25 yards with broadheads (from a bench rest) more than once. 1" groups are an everyday occurance.
A friend of mine who always thought his Horton was good enough for hunting wanted to shoot my Phoenix when I was checking some arrow/broadhead combinations one day. I let him shoot one, then had him wait while I pulled the arrow (he thought I was joking). He put 3 shots in the same hole in the target, then left to go buy a Phoenix! :lol:
His old Horton now hangs in the tool shed to serve as a "loaner". The Phoenix is in his locked gun room! :roll:
wabi
Rich

Post by Rich »

I normally practice with 1 arrow, With my Exocet or Phoenix I can shoot thru the same hole with broadheads at 25 yards all day long.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Cajun, its gonna depend on the shooter. The bow wont shoot great groups alone, unless its in a rest. If you have a steady rest you iwll have no issue with 3inch groups way out to 50 yards. 20-30yards is pretty much 1-3inch groups easy. I never shoot at the same hole twice with mine since I dont take joy in messing up a 5-7buck arrow/bolt!

shooting great groups depends on the shooter. Also, some bheads dont group as well as others. A few that are proven are slick tricks, spitfires, and rage heads.

after sighting in your bow, I wouldnt shoot at the same hole from 25 yards unless you are showing off for friends and have no problem buying arrows :D