Accuracy Guarantee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

Just about any broadhead will shoot within that 3" guranteed group. Pick a good combination, and you'd better not shoot twice at the same target or you will be joining the "robin hood" club. :wink:
I have put three consecutive shots into the same hole in the target at 25 yards with broadheads (from a bench rest) more than once. 1" groups are an everyday occurance.
A friend of mine who always thought his Horton was good enough for hunting wanted to shoot my Phoenix when I was checking some arrow/broadhead combinations one day. I let him shoot one, then had him wait while I pulled the arrow (he thought I was joking). He put 3 shots in the same hole in the target, then left to go buy a Phoenix! :lol:
His old Horton now hangs in the tool shed to serve as a "loaner". The Phoenix is in his locked gun room! :roll:
wabi
Rich

Post by Rich »

I normally practice with 1 arrow, With my Exocet or Phoenix I can shoot thru the same hole with broadheads at 25 yards all day long.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Cajun, its gonna depend on the shooter. The bow wont shoot great groups alone, unless its in a rest. If you have a steady rest you iwll have no issue with 3inch groups way out to 50 yards. 20-30yards is pretty much 1-3inch groups easy. I never shoot at the same hole twice with mine since I dont take joy in messing up a 5-7buck arrow/bolt!

shooting great groups depends on the shooter. Also, some bheads dont group as well as others. A few that are proven are slick tricks, spitfires, and rage heads.

after sighting in your bow, I wouldnt shoot at the same hole from 25 yards unless you are showing off for friends and have no problem buying arrows :D
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Last fall was my first hunting season with a xbow,Shot a doe from my treestand at 10 yards ,shot it right un the spine, did'nt make a pace.

What ever you aim at, if you practice,in 20 yards or less you'll shoot in a quater.
Taureau noir
---------Chasseurs et Pêcheurs du Québec----
http://chasseursetpecheurs.actifforum.com
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/momo7132/LOGO/chasseur_pecheur2.jpg[/img]
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Cajun , I am 5' 11" also and have short arms. My Phoenix fits me better than the others. I could shoot the others but have to stretch a bit and it makes it uncomfortable. But like everyone says , try them out for yourself.
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

My first shot with the Vixen at 40 yards ruined two arrows. The guarantee is no joke. :)
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

bstout wrote:I like your new signature BT. :D
That's hilarious!!! I LOVE IT!!! :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

When I learn how to use the embroiderer, I'll put that one in there too. :D
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches