Which one do you shoot ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

I can't think of anywhere where the shooter would not be charged, as stupid as it seems.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mostlybow

Post by mostlybow »

Grey owl's experience sured up my position. I had never heard of anybody finding two bucks that had actually died from being locked up. I thought once they wore themselves out chances were good they would free up. The yotes eating on the dead buck paints a pretty terrible picture. If there are no other realistic options, taking them was the absolute right decision.

Thanks Grey Owl
EXOCET 175
A GOOD BOW SHOT CAN GO BAD WITH AN IMPURE THOUGHT
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

IN FLORIDA WE ARE ALLOWED TO KILL 2 BUCKS PER DAY....FOR 5 MONTHS :lol: :lol: :lol:
JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flbuckmaster wrote:IN FLORIDA WE ARE ALLOWED TO KILL 2 BUCKS PER DAY....FOR 5 MONTHS :lol: :lol: :lol:
JAY
The head of jealousy raises it's ugly head! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I think I would shoot one and wait until the second buck tired out and then try to separate them. If that either didn't work or just wasn't safe enough, I always have the Glock handy. I think if you can't save one, you are obligated to kill the other. Dragging out two deer isn't my idea of a fun day at the beach, but you gotta do what you gotta do...
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mostlybow wrote:Grey owl's experience sured up my position. I had never heard of anybody finding two bucks that had actually died from being locked up. I thought once they wore themselves out chances were good they would free up. The yotes eating on the dead buck paints a pretty terrible picture. If there are no other realistic options, taking them was the absolute right decision.

Thanks Grey Owl
ive seen a few sets that you cant even free up without cutting the antlers. Its amazing how well they can wedge them together. But yes, both deer would have ended up dieing. Usually both are to give out to even begin to try and free themselves. I would have shot them, but I wouldnt have video'ed it since both deer would die shortly anyway :)
rutman

Post by rutman »

I'd of shot them both too. No other real good option.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Yea thats a tuff one, if you didn't have a gun right there to try to shoot off an antler and only have a bow than it does not leave much of an option as the buck's would probly be too exausted to survive if you had to go home to get a gun to shoot an antler off. On the other hand I do have a hunting video of home video's, I think it might have even been one that Shockey produced. And these two guys were out scouting and found 2 bucks locked together and one was already exausted to the point it was laying down and the other was still on its feet but was too tired to be afraid of the guys. Anyway they got a chainsaw and cut one antler off of one and still had to cut both off of the other one to free them. As soon as he cut the second off both bucks jumped and ran off like nothing happened. Both bucks survived as the two guys that cut them free seen both bucks a month later while hunting.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn