Suggestions for Africa

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jniszczak

Suggestions for Africa

Post by jniszczak »

I am heading to South Africa in May for the first time and going with my Vortex. The plan is to hunt plains game and I want to be prepared for everything up to giraffe. I would like your suggestions for arrow setup (weight, etc.) and any suggestions if you have been.

Thanks!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I know nothing about Africa, Just wanted to say Good Luck, have a Great time, and hope to see some pictures of your trip :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
hawg hunter

Africa hunting

Post by hawg hunter »

I,ve a friend that should be back in a couple of days. He has been to Africa twice with a crossbow. When he gets in I,ll check out the regs and get a copy posted.
jniszczak

Post by jniszczak »

Thanks a ton...
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

the only suggestion I have is to take me with you :oops: :oops: :oops:
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Esox

Post by Esox »

If you want to know about Excals in Africa, contact Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery, Sardis, Ohio.... He's the Excal Guru at it's best....

He's at (740) 483-2312 ...

He set up the arrows and stuff for Bill T for the Africa Trips... He's the one that made up the 900 gr arrows for the elephant hunt and another group at 700 gr for Cape Buffalo..... I know he'll give you the best information for a trip like that.....

No doubt about it. If I were going I'd certainly give Dan a call.....
Rich

Post by Rich »

I googled a few African Hunting sites and the average minimum weight for a BOW was 450-500 grains for big game (i.e. Kudu, eland, zebra, antelope, giraffe, wildebeast, etc). I believe I watched Ted Nugent shooting an 800 grain arrow for one of his hunts. I believe dangerous game has a higher minimum. Your outfitter should have the answer though. Here is one link I found: http://www.africanhuntingsafaris.com/bo ... ing_safari

Rich
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Buddy of mine went years ago, with a vertical bow. The videos were awesome.......Good Luck! Stay away from the cats!