carbon arrow wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowkidd

carbon arrow wraps

Post by xbowkidd »

i ordered some "carbon arrow wraps" from bow hunters superstore, i guess i just assumed that they would fit on my carbon crossbow arrows but when i put them on there is about an eighth of an inch gap. outta luck i guess.
Team Dryfire
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Bummer. Wraps for x bow arrows are 1.25" wide, same kind that were made for aluminum arrows for vertical bows. Getting harder to find due to profiferation of skinny carbon arrrows. Since I started cresting with white lacquer. Much cheaper, easier to remove. Have 10 you can have. Send me a PM with name/address if you do.
Big John

wraps

Post by Big John »

"Bj" on here will hook you up if you want. 1.25 is what you need and he has them. Problem with white lacquer here is the bolt will disappear in the snow. :) You could lacquer a different colour, or use wraps that are correct in size. :) They come off easy, and re-do them. It's all fun anyway.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
double lung

crossbow arrow wraps

Post by double lung »

Check out "Archerytalk.com" and look up a guy named Onestringer, I get all my wrraps from him, he's super cheap, quick shipping, good quality and he will do any design or size you want. Price usually runs around $8 per doz.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Quote: Problem with white lacquer here is the bolt will disappear in the snow.
I'm guessing that snow will hide an arrow even with the brightest cresting.
I do over spray mine with a florescent color tho. Have a look at the video in the posting on "white lacquer" to see how it looks......
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

I just sprayed some, was ez, very nice, I just used 1 inch masking tape like in the video, then I slid my bolts into a 3/8 ID hose about 8 inches long, Worked great. Faster than tapeing whole bolt. Try a couple, If you dont like it paint comes off ez too.
Good luck, Stosh
bj

Re: crossbow arrow wraps

Post by bj »

double lung wrote:Check out "Archerytalk.com" and look up a guy named Onestringer, I get all my wrraps from him, he's super cheap, quick shipping, good quality and he will do any design or size you want. Price usually runs around $8 per doz.
i must not be charging enough i guess (8 bucks a dozen) :shock:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bj, do you make wraps also? I need some for this year, but I probably wont order any untill summer. I'd rather support a forum member than a big company :D