Shot through my new chronoghraph today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Post by Normous »

It's fun to have fun :D

They are usefull to have. Mine mostly gets used to check the velocity of my varmint rifle handloads. I need accurate speed measurements to plug into ballistic programs that calculate elevation drop at known distances. When one is shooting accurate varmint/target rifles between 500-1000 yards its best to have an accurate measurement of drop at those long ranges.

Of course I use it to test my Excalibur's regarding different arrow weights, strings and other performance types of upgrades. Fun is fun :D
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Esox

Post by Esox »

They are fun!... and they can also tell you when something has gone wrong too... If I start seeing strange numbers coming up for the same arrow, I know it's time to check for something loose or string stretch or lube drying.... Usually something is amiss and I can see it in the velocity drop...

I never had one before this past season and now I think of all the muzzleloder sessions I could have used it on, and when setting up my Vert-bows... I think that a good chronograph and a good scale for weighing arrows and components are essential to knowing for sure what your set up is doing....

Like I said... They are fun, and now essential!!
wabi

Post by wabi »

They are useful, but my buddy shot through mine - literally! :lol:
Took the digital display out with a .50 sabot, and I just couldn't see replacing it.
wabi
dnepr

Post by dnepr »

shooting your chronograph is an eventuality with the shoot over types. I haven't done it to mine yet but I figure the day is coming. Shooting Chrony used to offer a rebuild service for this years ago I don't know if they still do if I remember correctly it was about $60 to get one rebuilt.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mine has a half inch chunk of plexi glass over the front, works fine!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

they're very useful. i was over at awshucks and chronyed Miss Vixen. GT 345 gr. 2" blazers and got 269 fps.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

wabi wrote:They are useful, but my buddy shot through mine - literally! :lol:
Took the digital display out with a .50 sabot, and I just couldn't see replacing it.
Was it on your 4 whlr? lol, back atcha bud!! ps: no, I don't have a brother!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I should have told about Miss Phoenix also shot thru chrony with alum. 2213 354 gr. shot 5 times 297- 298- 299-298-and 299. Excel string from Boo arrows 20" long.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

I have been thinking about getting a chrony. Do you all find the ProChrono Digital better than the Shooting Chrony F1 or is one about as good as the other? Thanks.