Another Crossbow Backpack

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Esox

Another Crossbow Backpack

Post by Esox »

FYI- I found this and thought I'd pass it along.... Anybody have one?...

[img][img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/e ... 2225_o.jpg[/img][/img]

Sells for about $65 or there abouts... Lots of features. Has a pockets and pouches and is a treestand back pad....Don't know if it works but it is interesting...

Check out the website..... www.gameplangear.com

I don't know...What do you think?.....
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Looks like a lot of clutter to me! I want the least amount of STUFF in my Tree Stand with me when i am hunting, The more you have the more that can go wrong, {noise, squeeks, unwanted movement. etc}
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I like that! The one thing that may present a problem for me is that I carry a lot of stuff in another pack, hard to carry two. Anything to lighten the load of these bows though!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Looks interesting.

I's have to see it before I'sd buy it though.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Looks like a good pack. I am going to order a Spot-N-Stalk when the '08 version becomes available. Thanks Esox for letting us know about this stuff!
http://www.gameplangear.com/images/phot ... talk_l.jpg
Last edited by Boo on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
jniszczak

Backpack Follow Up

Post by jniszczak »

Game Plan Gear makes this pack and you can order it from their website. Cost is $85...
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

[quote="Boo"]Looks like a good pack. I am going to order a Spot-N-Stalk when the '08 version becomes available. Thanks Esox for letting us know about this stuff!
quote]

I like that one too. Minus the quiver holder that looks a lot like a Maxpedition Fatboy. I love Maxpedition stuff, especialy in the outdoors.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/vie ... product=31
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Esox

Post by Esox »

FYI-

I found the Spot-N-Stalk on E-bay for $57.99 from Bowhunters Superstore. They also had the StandBack Pack for $76.95 listed on their website....
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks again Esox, just bought one!
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I wonder if that StandBack would work when the crossbow is encased. Seems useless if it doesn't, if you are goin to your stand before legal light and after.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Good question...I would guess if it's just a soft cloth cover like Excals it should fold up OK...

Maybe the maker would have some insight.... Send the manufacturer an e-mail and ask 'em.... They always like hearing from folks like us...The contact info is on their website....

If you find out let us know....
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Hey Boo, when you get yours let us know how well the encased crossbow fits. I will definitely buy one if it works. Lets see some pics too.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

In Ontario - Your crossbow has to be cased while going to the stand before legal shooting hours? That sounds kind of silly to me..

How about guns?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Woody Williams wrote:In Ontario - Your crossbow has to be cased while going to the stand before legal shooting hours? That sounds kind of silly to me..

How about guns?
Same thing with all firearms, 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. It's the law, we don't have to like it, we just have to follow it.
In exchange for the hassle we get free health care, and the ability to own a 12" pistol grip shotgun without jumping through hoops.
Oh, and some of the biggest deer a man could lay eyes on. :D
Cases are no fun, but in the end it all works out.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

ranger66 wrote:Hey Boo, when you get yours let us know how well the encased crossbow fits. I will definitely buy one if it works. Lets see some pics too.
Sorry, I bought the Spot-n-Stalk.