Question?? Mounting STS and Groundpounder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

double lung

Question?? Mounting STS and Groundpounder

Post by double lung »

Has anyone mounted both these systems on a bow, what is the best way to do this?? I tried screwing longer bolts from the bottom up throught the STS system and into the quiver mount but the STS doesn't stay straight. Any info or pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Deleted, didn't realize both use the same hole in the riser.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I know War Paint here has both on his xbow without any troubles. I know it is better to get a longer bolt as you said you did to mount both. With the STS mounting to the bottom of the riser and the quiver mount to the top of the riser I do not see where it would be any different with just one or the other. Its still bolted tight to the same set of holes. Not arguing your problem, just do not see where the STS would be any more loose with or without the quiver mount. Are the mounting holes in your STS thru holes or tapped holes? If tapped holes in the STS then I could see it loosening but I thought they where thru holes which I wouldn't think would be a problem.
Why ride when you can walk!
double lung

STS

Post by double lung »

The holes in the STS are tapped with threads and the only way they will stay tight is if you screw the bolt from the top down into the STS and to mount the groundpounder you must screw a longer bolt from the bottom up through into the groundpounder and I tightened it as tight as it will go and the STS still remains loose????

ANy help?? Pics would really help if anyone has some.

My email is: [email protected]
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Then its more than likely because the two set of threads are causing a little gap making it loose. Try adding a thin piece of rubber or thin rubber washer between the STS system and the riser. That should be a simple fix for your problem taking up that slight gap. Another solution would be to make the holes in the STS system thru holes versus tapped holes. But I would try that last.
Why ride when you can walk!
double lung

STS and groundpounder

Post by double lung »

Thanks, I will give it that a try.
double lung

STS And Groundpounder

Post by double lung »

Still having problems keeping the STS tight even with a rubber washer, any further suggestions????
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I guess I will show my crossbow ignorance but I don't know what the sts is. However, it sounds like if it only stays tight when the bolt head is against it, just use a nut threaded down the bolt. Just an idea.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
War Paint

Post by War Paint »

I also have the sts and a groundpounder mount.
This is what i did.
screw the bolt through the sts so it seats hard
Slide the bolt through the riser
Use the upright of the gp mount to screw the sts tight to the riser
Put the top on the gp mount
Mine will move a little if you really pull on it
So far has not been a problem
Hope this helps
double lung

StS and Groundpounder

Post by double lung »

Yea, I did this exact same thing, but my STS still moves, I would like to make sure I can seat it nice and tight so it doesn't move when I am in the field. Maybe a longer bolt would help? Anyone else have this problem??
saxman

Post by saxman »

I use the Matthias72 V-Bar system and had to do some modification to use my GP mount.I drilled the V-Bar mount hole to the size of the GP bolt and ran it through with a washer,mine is very tight.I have not seen the STS hardware so I'm not sure the same fix will help
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011