Just Confirmed Today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntman

Post by huntman »

Boo wrote:And here I thought that whole thing was bogus! Congratulations!
DITTO
dnepr

Post by dnepr »

enormous wrote:We are losing manufacturing jobs in Canada at the rate of 200 a day. Most Canadian workers support Tim Hortons by buying their coffee every day. Yet Tim Hortons supports Toyota, which I think is a kick in the face. I think they should offer a vehicle built by the people who support them.

Congrats on the car,I just don't like their way of giving back to the people who support them.
UMMM
The Toyata Corolla is built in the Kitchener plant if memory serves me correctly. I am not sure where the Matrix is manufactured but is on the same chassis as the Corolla so it may be made at the same plant ,

Congrats on the win .
Last edited by dnepr on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

Fishn-Hunter-- My wife bought it in Napanee. Kinda close to home eh? Enormous-- I've owned nothing but a Ford for 35 years. However a good friend of mine lives in Cambridge and works at a Toyota plant. I have no idea how long or where it is there. He's being transfered to Woodstock where they are building another new plant. A lot of the tradesman I know from our union are working there now.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Wayne,
Again, congrats on the new car, your one of the lucky ones. Your entitled to drive anything you like the way I see it. I do my part to machine and built the Triton 5.4L that pushes the F150. Thanks for supporting Ford.
I do see Toyota and Cami/Suzuki investing in Ontario and creating jobs, that is good. Those are good jobs. The Global manufacturing climate is changing at the cost of decent maunfacturing jobs. I see it very clearly in Windsor where I live with thousands upon thousands of jobs lost. Unfair trade practices are certainly to blame. Our Government is certainly not doing enough to protect our jobs.
I do know that Canadian workers manufacturing North American goods were upset at Tim Hortons for their choice in import cars for the Roll Up The Rim Contest. I'm not the only one with that feeling.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

enormous-- I drive the Triton 5.4. It also pisses me off to see what manufacturing jobs are leaving Canada and the U.S. for that matter. I try to make an effort to buy Canadian products. And I certainly don't blame our American friends for doing the same. I just think it's good that if any company wants to sell its products in any country they should be willing to invest in that country.
catcher

Post by catcher »

Good to see a winner. My mother-inlaw works at a timy in Welland and all they have given away that was big has been a couple GPS. Congrats on your prize.