Vixen question?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Darren

Vixen question?

Post by Darren »

Does anyone know if the Vixen can be fitted with Dissipator Bars, and also is the stock on the Vixen shorter then other Excal`s or is it only the barrel length that makes the Vixen shorter?
Thanks for any help in the matter guys.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Yes you can put dissipater bars on. I am sure the only difference is the barrel length.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Digger

Post by Digger »

All Excals from the Wolverine to the Equinox & Vortex will take disapator bars. Including carved tip or mag tip.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome to the forum, Darren ... if I haven't already done it! :D
Grizz
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Have no idea I have an Exocet 200, Just wanted to Welcome you to the Forum
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Darren

thanks

Post by Darren »

I just wanted to thank you guys for both the welcome and advice. I`m sure i will have more questions. But for now i`m looking into an getting an excal both for targets and hunting mainly deer and wild pig. i had planned on a exomax then changeed to a exocet200, now the wife is involved with my choice since she holds all the accounts :cry: :evil . With limited funding i was looking at other lower priced choices, one being the Horton Legacy 175 recurve xbow, i prefer the colour scheme over excals. But i have come to learn a lot about excals on this forum, with little knowledge on Horton performance and service, i would prefer to stay with excal. Through this forum i heard of members increasing the power of the vixen, this made me think the vixen as a viable option, as for 1 i could at a latter date have the colour changed through hydro imaging, but the fundimental question would be to acheve a power conversion that might bring the xbow upto that which would harvest wild pig as well as deer. Bearing in mind that although i`m from London UK i now moved to Romania :shock: (wife`s Romanian) where xbows are not in common use for hunting, also there are no dealers that sell xbows apart from pistol types :?, with xbow prices higher in europe a xbow from the u.s seems best option,w bow hunters super store have the vixen priced at $359. same as the Legacy 175 almost :? with post at $65. :?