Finally shot my phoenix outside.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

liaf

Finally shot my phoenix outside.

Post by liaf »

Early jan I purchased a phoenix w/ right stuff package off ebay and did the initial sight in at 10 yards in my basement. I was waiting for some warmer weather and a day off to do the 20 yard sight in per instuctions. It was in the low 50's but windy so I decided to try it today. I was shooting off an igloo cooler with towels thrown on top for cushioning. I was in a fairly uncomfortable semi squat position as the crosshairs were moving around the one inch orange dot. My first 2 shots were 1.5- 2 inches high and 1 inch to the left. I shot my 3rd arrow and it went in the same area so I decided just to load another arrow and shoot again. Oh well my first and hopefully last robin-hood. I then realized all the arrows were going practicallly in the same hole so I adjusted the scope and shot at different spots for the remainder of the afternoon. Next time out will shoot at 30 yards to see how it shoots. my only consolation was that i only ruined one arrow and was able to salvage the other one.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

You learn very early that aiming at the same place makes for a lot of expensive wall hangers :lol:
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Welcome to the forum. They are a great bow and lots of fun to shoot so enjoy :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

I know that feeling,Congrats :D :D
One dead igloo
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV