Do you buy North American?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Does where a product is made effect your decision to purchase?

Yes
53%
No
29%
Only Canadian/American nothing from Mexico
18%

Total votes: 55

Ben Harvey

Do you buy North American?

Post by Ben Harvey »

Just curious as to see whether or not people actually care where there products are being made. Vote and see...
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome to the forum, Ben! :D
Grizz
Ben Harvey

Post by Ben Harvey »

Thanks Grizz!

I have been reading endlessly on this thing... there's some many things brought up here that I never even thought of! I see your a heavy poster, congrats and good job!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I certainly would rather buy something that is better and that supports us. Canadian first of course, American second but in the end I'd rather have quality and buy it just once.
Ben, welcome to the forum!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Welcome Ben. I am ashamed to say I voted no. I did make sure to buy American when I got my truck. Otherwise I am usualy in a hurry because I hate shopping so I grab the product I see first or I compare the choices, for things like price and quality. I never think of looking for a place of manufacture. If I thought about it I certainly would take it into concideration though. I will try to be more concious in the future.

How much value can be placed in the "Made In" labels anyway? I bet a lot of stuff is made over seas, then shipped here and assembled or packaged or something minor and then marked as beig from the US.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Welcome to the forum Ben!
I don't care where the stuff I buy comes from, pretty much everything I can see from where I am sitting comes from China, except my neighbors Toyota, it was built up the road, here in Canada. Now My big bad North American Chevy truck, well, it was built in Mexico. Go figure.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ben Harvey

Post by Ben Harvey »

Hey guys,

No need to be ashamed, I keep seeing quality and price pop-up as considerations. QUALITY is the most important thing out there. Price of course is a consideration, VAULE is the other important word. I personally believe in QUALITY and VALUE. If I pay top dollar I expect top dollar, hence why I buy Excalibur... There are many beliefs circling around this debate; human rights, paying extra money on taxes, tariffs and transportation and hurting the economy by putting money in other countries pockets instead of our own. I own a company called Shadowear. We design, manfacture and sell hunting clothing across North America. Lately there has been mounting pressure for us to move some of our operations offshore. I have been in a real debate on what to do about this. I am considering moving some of my stuff offshore, but if I do chose to do this I will be making sure a certain % of money raised will be donated to our hunting organizations and conservation efforts here in Canada as well as some money for the groups lobbying for human rights in these countries. Do you guys feel this is appropriate? Any suggestions, thoughts or feelings you would like to share with me?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sure Ben, here's one, can we have a link to your home page please?

Edit:Oh well, spoke too soon as usual. Here it is for the others. http://www.shadowear.ca/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ben Harvey

Post by Ben Harvey »

www.shadowear.ca

I am excited to say our web page is being uploaded tomorrow and will be ready to be viewed by Saturday! Also for those of you who get the Sportsmen Channel and Wild TV, Excalibur's Huntin' the Backwoods begins airing this week. I know the Premiere is Saturday night @ 9:00 on Wild TV. The guys that produce the show are called Team Backwoods, check out their website to @ www.teambackwoods.com, they have some awesome hunts there and they are great guys!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Ben, welcome to the forum! I'm anxious to see your product line. I used to try and buy American but sense I have gained many friendships from across the border, American,Canadian, same good folks in my eyes :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hi Ben welcome to the forum. Just wondering if you got my e-mail waiting to hear from you. Also I try my best to purchase Can. or Amer. made products but it is getting very hard. I find the quality better. There are so many companies heading offshore where production costs are low but then don't lower the prices. That usually hurts them in the end because quality goes down and customers complain but it mostly falls on deaf ears because the profit margin is higher for the company. It's all about the dollar and yes I do understand your situation. It is hard to pay more for something that looks the same but costs less.
hunter 740

Post by hunter 740 »

Hi Ben,I'd say yes,but how much of it is really made in North America.I work for paccar the kenworth truck factory.We get our harnesses from Mexico gauges from Mexico and switches from some other foreign country I'm thinking Pakistan.These trucks are american made mostly.I guess the moral of the story is when you buy do you really know where the product or all the pieces are from.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Welcome Ben, looking forward to seeing your website .

hunter 740 has hit the nail on the head . I help build International trucks. Every day more of the parts are coming from off shore. Front axles - Hungary , India . Brake drums China . Now the 5th wheels from Fontaine are tagged made in China .

We build the truck in Canada but the components come from all over the world .