My Soldier daughter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

I can see why you're proud of her.
Give her my thanks for serving to protect us.
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Congratulations to you and your daughter, Sax! :D

She looks like a nice girl. Must take after Dad, huh? :wink:
Grizz
Esox

Post by Esox »

You've got a lot to be proud of..... God Bless you both......
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I guarantee your proud of that young lady. Man, they sure grow up fast. Be sure and thank her for serving her country in these times.

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Beautiful young lady Scott. You have a very good reason to be PROUD!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
ehntr

Airborne!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ehntr »

Hooah! Airborne!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Saxman, you should be proud. She is looking sharp. God bless her and keep her safe.

Not so sharp myself lol. I retired from the air force after 34 years......the day after I retired I joined the army reserves. Not even a one day break in between. 35 years and 3 months invested in uniform............I've seen many airborne out the back in my C-130 days. Obviously I have no regrets.

Hey, I've got four grandkids! How does that happen?
Last edited by ehntr on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Saxman.................a letter to make your day...

Letter from a farm kid...

Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled.
I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m. but I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.
Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water. Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you til noon when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.
We go on "route marches," which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.
The country is nice but awful flat The sergeant is like a school teacher. He nags a lot. The Captain is like the school board. Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.
This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.
Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over inSilver Lake . I only beat him once. He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6&quo t; and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" and near 300 pounds dry.
Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,
Carol
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Boo

Post by Boo »

LOL! Hilarious!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Congratulations to you and your daughter Saxman. Our kids do grow up to fast my 2nd son is talking about joining up in the Canadian military next year when he graduates .

The letter farm kid sounds like my twin sister wrote it
:roll: :lol: :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Your chest should be puffed up like an old bull frog with pride in your young lady in uniform . :D
gunnutjay

Post by gunnutjay »

Looking good! Please thank her for her service!

Cheers
Jay
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Congratulations to your daughter. Brings back memories of when my youngest son joined up. Now he's a Warrant Officer in charge of an anti terroist team, with 8yrs to go before retirement!

Damn we get old fast. :? Seems like just last week I was teaching by boys how to shoot!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Thanks for all the great replies and thanks to all the verterans on here for their service.
That letter home was great,I sent that to my dad.(D-Day 2nd Rangers,Point Du Hoc,combat wounded 3 x's)
I am very proud.We are going to jump together someday.SSHHHH
Dont tell my wife,mother,father,sister,kids,doctors,etc.I want just her and I to have that.If she has to go overseas I will make sure her group has an Xecalibur crossbow handy if need be.I can see the new tag line.
The worlds most accurate hunting crossbows,combat proven,guaranteed
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Digger

Post by Digger »

You certainly have a lot to be proud of Scott.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »