Thanks, Guys! You Were A Blessing!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Thanks, Guys! You Were A Blessing!

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I really, really appreciate your prayers for Stacey Godwin's family and for myself during her funeral this morning. Everything went very well. It was an overflow crowd, and a very emotional time ... a huge family, massive community turnout and lots and lots of grieving teens there. We had to hook up A/V feeds into classrooms to seat the people who couldn't fit into the auditorium. It was a big opportunity to influence young lives and older folks alike. I think I was able to comfort the family as much as can be, given the tragic circumstance. I made up a slide presentation to one of her favorite songs, featuring photos from her life in chronological order, fading one into the next as the song played (Vince Gill's "Go Rest High On That Mountain") ... very touching. It really moved people. Everyone was very appreciative and there were lots of compliments (even from the funeral director ... that IS rare :shock:)! I'm just glad I could help. It was a privilege in every way. God helped me, as always, and it helped to know some of you were thinking of and praying for me.

I'm glad that part's over ... I feel like a wrung-out dishrag this afternoon. I hope to be a help to the parents in these days to come too.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. :D
Grizz
saxman

Post by saxman »

I knew you could do it.
Me and a couple other boys sang that song at a funeral a while back,It will rip your heart out.
I know God was with you and in your words and you touched many people today Adam.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am glad you made it through God Bless
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
maple

Post by maple »

I think you, Grizz, were the blessing.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

You are surely a Blessing to your Community and the People you come in contact with. The world is a better place with people like you in it.
wabi

Post by wabi »

There's just no way to make a funeral a nice event, but it sounds like some comfort was provided to those suffering most.
Glad to hear you were able to do your part to help ease the pain & suffering.
wabi
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Grizz
a funeral of a young person is tough at anytime. We lost a very close family friend last july to a very rare form of brain cancer. His parents also made a video of him and the family as they lived together. Very emotionl , but yet very joyiuos as he no longer is suffering(what a cruel disease). The hardest part of an accident like Stacey's is the suffering that happens after. We know she isn't suffering , but we suffer grief of not being with her. That time will come and what a joy filled time that will be.
God Bless All
Mark