Big Black Rats

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Nice pics Dan , when are you whack'n one of them , or is the season not open , the young ones taste better :D .
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

diesel wrote: I wish I had a few of those around here to get pictures of on my trail cam.
Hmm ... maybe I could send you some, Diesel. Might have some wheat left in a few months if I did! I'm sure there are half a dozen or more out there stripping stalks as I write. :evil:

I wonder if UPS handles bears? Maybe Brown could bring you a Black.

I suppose they'd apply an OVERSIZE charge for my bears! I chased one with the truck the other night that was easily 500 pounds, and will be over 600 by fall. He's still got corn and soybeans to work on before season!

I can rustle up a box of poisonous snakes too, if you want! :wink: :D
Grizz
Country

Post by Country »

For a really big mature male I look for very heavy front sholders and a sagging belly almost touching the ground. There should be little day light between the ground and his stomach. This is a spring bear though and it will look different come fall. I still think he is a young one. I like Crazy's tater field titans the best. I can't imagine how to get one into the back of a pick up let alone drag it out of the woods. In any case, nice pictures and keep on posting.
Country

Post by Country »

Oops! I mean Griss's bears
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Our wheat is just about to get into milk stage ... boy, will the bear action be heating up now! I don't have a trail cam, but I might be able to get some ordinary pics. Trouble is that I have such a hard time uploading photos to hosting sites because of my Jurassic-era landline modem ... I mean it takes FOREVER if it works at all and it often doesn't work. There are lots of pics I'd have put on here, but it's just too time-consuming and frustrating. :cry:

Those are nice bears, Awshucks ... the kind I like. They don't do as much crop damage! :wink: :D
Grizz